29

To wake up beside the love of your life, fresh after becoming one is something everyone wanted to be special and intimate, to have their limbs tangled with yours as you feel their skin against you as you rise for the day. Alas, Donghyucks smile fade when he woke up to the coldness of the bed. His heart dropped, silent like a feature, as it touched the ground I shattered like glass into tiny bit of broken fragments. The foul stench of drying blood filled his stench, lifting the covers he scanned the silk sheets for any ounce of blood. For he must have bled their wedding night right? Nothing, he found nothing, no trace of the sickening smell. Getting of the bed he pushed the door to the bathing quarters, on a bundle wrapped messily the soiled linen had been dumped over laundry used the previous day.

"Perhaps he's making breakfast?" Donghyuck consoled himself, he pulled on the first clothes he can reach without straining his torn hole.

The breakfast table sounded cheerful and loud, Chenle and Jaemin were at it as well. Shameless yet proud of the hickeys scattered upon their skin. Donghyuck took his seat at the recurring side of the royal dinner. His father sitting before him as always. His eyes alittle shakey for he still hadn't set his eyes on his husband who seemingly had left him on bed after having sex.

"You don't loon well Hyuck. Is everything okay?" Kun reached out to caress the beauty's cheek but he turned his face away. The food didn't look tempting even though he was hungry.

"Honey what's wrong?" Doyoung whispered softly.

"I have a meeting. Excuse me." He lied, he had nothing. Where was Mark? Why did he leave him alone on the bed after loving him for hours until he was knocked out?

Donghyuck looked for Mark high and low but found him not, he had composed himself to not throw a fit or cry but it was getting harder every second. After asking the main gate guards If they happened to see the older leave he went back to the palace with a heavy heart. No one had seen him leave the palace what so ever.

"What did mother do now?" Why are you so upset? You were delighted yesterday." Kind voice followed him into his sleeping quarters, he balled his fists trying not to lash out at him. "Sweetheart?" Kun cupped those chubby soft cheeks. Donghyuck pushed him away, he started shaking, his heart hurt so much as if he were to get another stroke anytime soon.

"Stop it!!! Just fucking stop it!! You killed Irene Noona and now you killed Mark?! Why?! What did I ever do to you?!" Donghyuck screamed at Kun, squeezing his heart in grief.

"I never killed Irene! Who told you so?! Sweet heart I raised her like my own because your mother fell sick after she was born. That night of the fire I might have stood before her but the hands that pushed her weren't mine! I swear on my son!" Kun confessed, he hadn't killed Irene, he loved the girl so much that he would do anything for her.

"Liar!!!!" Donghyuck screamed he broke down crying as if he were to loose his mine.

Meanwhile Mark crunched his nose, his vision still hazy and unclear. His head hurt as he threw up the bad blood that seemed to have collected inside him. It was a pretty dark room, with a large mirror that overlooked Donghyucks room. His eyes widened at the sight of his wife crying, as if his heart was bleeding in agony.

"Finally you are awake." The voice of the woman he remembered chuckled or more like cackled. "The sadistic satisfaction of watching him been driven insane is so devine." She turned to face the handsome boy.

"Grandma?" He gasped as Donghyuck's grandmother made her way closer to him.

"Clever boy.......Yes it is I, I killed Irene, for Taeil wanted his lovers daughter to be Queen instead of giving my son, Kun a baby. So I pushed her down the balcony, she fell to her death. Crushing her brains....... The look of betrayal and fear in her eyes as she fell, the happiness I felt. I was so sure Renjun would be made King but that fool of a boy refused to take over the kingdom. Tried convincing him, no avail. Got that wretch to marry you, hoping you'll drag him to the pit you came from. But you started giving him strength, you made him stronger and confident, everyone had begun to adore our sweet King, so I had the plain twisted a little. Instead of killing the poor worthless boy I'd drive him insane, so he'd no longer be fit to take over the kingdom. I couldn't kill you first because you'd become King. Now watch your wife go crazy looking for you, conceive and loose your little blessings because if he has a baby the kingdom would go to the child regardless of gender. My son's children should rein, I should rein." She smirked looking pitifully at Mark whimpering in pain. "Beatrice is the name, not grandma." She mocked. "He'll never find you, no one will. By the time someone finds you, you would be a forgotten memory, rotten, decayed and perished." She started laughing as she left with the men following her.

"Leave him alone!!!" Mark screamed but his voice echoed back at him, his head throbbed so much. As he cried silently on the other side, two souls seperated by glass. "Donghyuck......." He whispered. As if the younger boy heard the whispered he lifted his head up from in-between his knees, his eyes darting to the mirror that reflected his face back at him. He saw the hickeys scattered on his skin, the previous night haunting him.

"Hyuckie!!!" Mark screamed banging his palms on the mirror but the King heard nothing at all. Haechan squeezed his heart.