19

The inability to express feelings and the sudden gush of grief caused the beautiful boy to have the severe stroke leaving him partially paralysed for over 48 hours and none of his mother's even knew he was terribly sick. Because no one cared for him, he silently cried for hours, he was certainly going crazy with all the pain Mark's disappearance caused him. His heart hurt constantly as he tried hard to sleep to forget the pain. Pain was never forgotten, instead it took years to break it down to a distant memory that no longer hurt. It felt like he had a dagger stabbed through his heart,
It remained in the same place, moving  even second he remembers his Mark Lee.

"I should have died that night I killed Noona." Donghyuck mumbled to himself, oblivious of his father sitting next to him. After hours he was finally able to word out something.

"You didn't kill her.......It was an accidental death. She ran out with you, though she saved you she couldn't save herself. She fell off the balcony, fell to her death because of the fire. You might have been having her hallucination, that doesn't mean you killed her." Taeil caressed his son's cheek with a find smile plastered on his face.

Having a stroke at a young age was something out of the usual, unless they were under some complications in their body that weakened their system. Donghyucks heart hurt so much he hadn't stopped crying, he didn't understand what happened nor why anything was even happening to him. Love hurt, it fed on your insides, it lured you down to agony, miseries as much as it was filled with roses, the  vine had thorns. That was when he woke up to Irene staring down at him.

"CHENLE!!!" Donghyuck screamed, Jaemin or he were the ones who took turns in sleeping with him because they might have been told by Mark to accompany him while sleeping.

"Hyung......Hyung I can see her too." Chenle mumbled beside him.

Dressed in the dress she wore the night her life left her body, that beautiful smile that she always had upon her thin lips, she caressed the king's soft golden haired hair, thought Donghyuck felt nothing, it was obvious that her soul was right before them. A tear rolled down her spirit.

He broke you......He made you fall in love....They are alive. Follow me and I'll guide you to Renjun and Mark.

It was insane to follow a spirit, it was as if Chenle and Donghyuck were both trapped in a nightmare. Was Irene actually guiding them to their men or was this all a spinning lunatic prank his family was doing to drive him crazy? Donghyuck was sick and weak, he squeezed his heart, not being able to bear the cold. Jaemin saw them as he gasped being able to see the woman guiding them, he gestured Yang and Xiaojun as they joined the two boys.

"I-I thought you were dead." Donghyuck drew in a harsh breath, leaning on Yang Yang for support.

"I was killed........But not by you. I'm here to protect you little brother." Irene smiled gliding through the darkness..

"Nana!!! Where are you going?!" Jeno followed them, Shotaro wanted to join but his new born baby needed him.

"Go.....I'll take care of Taro." Taeyong ushered him away.

Taeil watched the boys leave, following the spirit of his daughter. Of course he knew she had still not rested after her death. For Donghyuck, he beloved brother was in danger by his own Kith and kin. The beating heart grew stronger and stronger as the cold bit into the boys who were following a ghost apparently.

"There beneath the fallen sycamore lies cave, here is far as I can go. You'll find your loved ones." Irene pointed at a direction.

The boys looked at eachother, hearts beating like wild monsters against there ribs, was she right. Was she wrong? Donghyuck drew in harsh breaths, he barely recovered from his heart stroke. It felt like he'd get another if this was all a stupid dream. As they followed the trail a horse came galloping, it neighed raising his front body as he stomped on the ground.

"Watermelon?!" Donghyuck gasped, it was Marks horse, the horse snorted nudging his master's wife's face. The King mounted the horse as he was immediately taken away by the animal.

"Chenle stay here. Don't you dare move an inch. You are pregnant, we can't afford to loose the baby. We'll come back as soon as we can." Xiaojun made his baby brother sit down on a trunk as Irene's spirit stood next to him.

"I'll stay with him. Hurry up." Shotaro sat next to Chenle as Jeno, Jaemin, Yang Yang and Xiaojun ran after the horse that took their King away.

Donghyuck's eyes started getting foggy, the cold was too much. He slipped down the horse as he stumbled into the cave, the distant smell of crackling fire made the younger run further inside. His heart beamed at the sight of the men who were lost lay partially alive on the ground of the cold hard cave.

"Your......Your Highness?!." Hendery sat up weak and injured, his eyes teared up as he saw his lovers crash inside aswell.

As the men cheered on being found, those big honey brown eyes combed the cave, his heart froze when Mark limped closer through the crowd, Donghyuck just ran into the olders arms, crying like a baby. The soft chuckled made him feel alive again.

"You.....You came in search." Marks lips were frost bitten and pale. Donghyuck nodded with a hiccup.

And so word was spread like forest fire that the King found the missing knights and men, Renjun fell on his knees when he saw Chenle with a prominent baby bump. Sungchan squeezed Shotaro into a bone crushing hug as Mark and Donghyuck were finally United but the older was terribly injured everywhere just like the rest of the  men.