32

On the dirty dusty rubbles of the secret room lay Mark, drenched in his own blood. Pale and wounded, his skin cold like ice his heart faintly beating, When Jeno carried him outside he seemed so fragile like a feather. It broke Haechans heart, into pieces unexplainably small. As the older was placed on the bed, the King backed away, he shook his head in guilt and anger. Mark did not deserve this, he knew his husband would have found him without anyone help but he failed. Turning to face the woman he once loved he didn't think twice before slapping her, he slapped her again, or more like until he felt satisfied.

"I sentence her to death." He ordered letting her get dragged away by the guards.

Donghyuck stood there drowning in an unknowing feeling of guilt, Mark was as good as dead. Like a lifeless porcelain statue that was put to rest on the bed. Anger rose within the King, he dashed everything down onto the floor, they had never seen him so angry. Even before when he was a ruthless young boy who tortured his people, he had never got so mad at anything.

"Stop!!! Don't throw her into the dungeons........Prepare the Guillotine.....She'll be beheaded before the next sunrise." Said the King, he didn't touch Mark. Atleast not yet.

As the physicians checked on the king's husband, the entire kingdom woke up to the sound of the warning horns and drums. Beatrice was dragged by her chains to the Guillotine, Donghyuck stood on the balcony, his mother's on his right, his father and brothers on his left. The bon fire blazed to give light to the occasion of death.

"Your majesty why are you trying to behead your own grandmother." A woman asked the King.

"Because he's a cruel man!!! He stole his brothers throne!" Beatrice started trying to act the victim.

"As your King, I've taken this decision after Beatrice confessed herself of the treachery she had done herself I don't want such a wicked witch walking freely on my lands. She murdered your Queen Irene, she was the reason my brother Hendery had to live away from us, she......she attacked my husband and I. She.......She locked my husband behind a glass room for weeks, his head had bleed and I don't even know if my Mark would love to see another day. I won't deny it that I have wrong you in so many ways before but today I stand before you as Mark Lee's wife, on my command Beatrice would be beheaded for murder and treason. Her corpse shall not be given the burial of royal instead she'd be thrown to the wolves, if anyone still supports her you people can leave with her and live in exile." Donghyuck finished, he stood emotionless, Beatrice screamed and shouted at them but no one believed her for they had seen how much their monstrous King had slowly fallen in love with their Mark.

The Glass slid down severing Beatrice's neck, the silence deafening, Donghyuck didn't want Mark to wake up to world that had a treacherous woman like his grandmother. Along with the guards who helped her in her dirty acts her corpse had been dragged away and thrown to the wolf's far away from the kingdom. A tear rolled down his eyes, though she was dead now his heart would never be the same after he knew Mark had been tortured so much to the point that he was left to die alone.

"Your majesty......He has lost too much of blood on his head, I'm afraid he wouldn't survive but we are trying our best." The head physician explained, Donghyuck nodded gesturing Chenle, Jaemin and the twins to help them with whatever they needed.

"Leave me alone." He said, he didn't want to see Mark in such a state for it gave him great grief. So he isolated himself until his husband would get better. That is if his husband ever gets well.

Jaemin was pregnant and he had to leave for his in laws soon. They waited for days hoping Mark would wake up, alas the older remained a vegetable on the bed. His brother left with Jeno and his parents, Donghyuck hadn't spoken to anyone properly, it worried everyone especially his father. Yet they could do nothing but hope his husband would awake.

"Chenle? Are you alright?" Donghyuck whispered softly when the boy started whimpering one morning at the garden.

"Ahhh.......It hurts so much hyung!!" Chenle screamed in pain.

Would be strange if you knew time had flown by so fast that Chenle was in labour and he would give birth in a few hours. Three months had passed, Mark still seemed to have not attempted any sort of recovering process. He would sit next to his husband for hours just like how he was right now.

"Stupid servant boy wake up!!!" He sniffled unable to process the agony his heart was feeling. He curled up beside Mark, his cheek resting on the faintly beating sound of his significant other. "Come back to me, slam me on the walls, slap me until I cry, tease me like a pervert......Make me smile and laugh. Please Markie.....Just.....Just comeback, I love you so much and you fucking know that right? I want you. I want you to dominate me and tease me. Please Love." He broke down crying as he squeezed his heart in sheer distress. It were as if his he was alive but still dead and that scard the king so much.

Chenle gave birth to a gorgeous young boy, Everyone was happy for the little blessing made them smile after so long. The King was genuinely delight sadly his soul withered without its other half. Renjun noticed his brothers miserable look. He sighed, this boy didn't no deserve such a painful life. He wished for his love to return back to his little brother.