Part 39- Married & First Night

Hello everyone! Here's chapter thirty-nine, do let me know how you guys like it :)

Remember to participate in trends for IPZN S2, mail/call/spam- Stream the videos Sony uploads of IPZN almost everyday. Help maintain the hype!! After all these efforts maybe we'll get a season 2 💛
================================================================================

As Ishqi and Ahaan stood in the mandap they felt overjoyed, they chuckled at how dumb they'd been and how their families' had tricked them. Ahaan had, but Ishqi hadn't even gotten the chance to go through with her plan, she thought back to it and realized how foolish it sounded. 

"Aab asli shaadi shuru karein?" the priest asked them to which they vigorously nodded, he'd gotten the order to start "a wedding" several times but it ended in a no every time. And now finally after loads of dramas, the real wedding was about to take place. 

Firstly Sania and Savitri, respectively handed Ishqi and Ahaan a beautiful garland made out of fresh flowers. The looked at each other in the eyes and Ahaan was just about to put the varmala around Ishqi's neck when her brother and cousin lifted her up, everyone laughed and teased the opposite side. 

Purab and Kartik signalled each other, rushed to Ahaan's side and lifted him up as well. The air was filled with celebration, laughter and unity. After a little teasing, they both succeeded in placing the garland around each other. 

Then upon waiting for a few moments and receiving a tremendous amount of teasing from their families, the priest announced that the auspicious time for the wedding ceremony to begin had arrived. The two love birds were seated in the mandap while their happiness and excitement had no bounds.

To begin, Manav did the "Kanyadan" and next the symbolic fire was lit by Ahaan to mark the start of a new relationship, then they held hands as a symbol of their nearing wedlock. 

Soon afterwards, Ishqi and Ahaan stood up for the seven steps, a piece of pink cloth went around Ahaan's shoulders and was tied to Ishqi's sash. Ahaan held Ishqi's right hand in his and they started taking their vows, going around the holy fire while their families and guests tossed flowers at them. 

The first vow was a prayer for food and nourishments, the second for strength, third for prosperity, fourth for family, fifth for progeny, sixth for health, and for the seventh and final round they promised to live a life of love friendship and mutual trust. 

After they had successfully taken the seven rounds, they sat back down and Ahaan applied vermillion onto the middle of Ishqi's hair partition, a little falling onto her nose in the process. Then Ahaan tied the nuptial chain around her neck.

With that, the garden erupted with loud sounds of claps, that was it. Ishqi and Ahaan were now officially married! When the pandit said, "shaadi sampann hui, aaj se aap dono pati -patni"- They stood up and reality hit Ishqi, she glanced at Ahaan who was beaming with happiness. 

Their eyes locked and without caring about their surroundings and the fact that all eyes were literally on them, Ishqi jumped into Ahaan's arms and pulled him in for a tight hug. They lived that hug, it was their first after marriage after all! Everyone stood adoring the two and feeling content with the decision that they had made. 

The priest also adored the couple, they'd been the cutest yet, so in love and excited! For him, this had been the most eventful and dramatic wedding ever, he finally realized what it must feel like for those pandits who sit and wait hours in weddings on television! 

Ishqi and Ahaan broke from the hug and hand in hand went towards their elders, seeking their blessings- everyone wholeheartedly and sincerely blessed the two and wished them a happy married life ahead.