Chapter Twenty-Six: Moscow

150 miles outside of Moscow, 5/26/2018, 12:00 PM

Artemis looked up in horror through her visor as the mountain came crashing down, the titan named Atrius raised his hands and carved a line through the entire natural structure sending it raining down upon the battlefield. Artemis quickly fired up her boosters as the Scarab screeched in her mind,

"GO ARTEMIS CROCK INITIATING THRUSTERS AT MAXIMUM POWER, ENGAGING EVASIVE MANEUVERS." 

"Good bug." Artemis replied looking up wards as she shot up and raising her arms morphing the armor into plasma cannons so she could blast through any pieces of mountain as she escaped. She flew upwards as a cloud of dust and dirt filled the air as the field was enveloped in darkness. Her visor switched to heat signature mode as she saw various bodies throughout the field, some running, some crawling. She looked over as Cyborg came flying down into the cloud, he was searching for Isabel no doubt. Artemis felt a pang of fear as one thought raced into her mind.

Wally. Where is Wally.

She flew up out of the dust cloud and began scanning the ground to recognize and locate everyone she could. She saw something blurring on through her visor, it had to be Wally running to find her. She flew downwards into the cloud towards the blur and landed on the ground. 

"Wally!" She called out and the blur moved closer towards her, but Scarab noticed something.

"Artemis Crock, that is not Wally West. I am not matching the outline to any physical features or body type."

Artemis widened her eyes and raised a plasma cannon as the speedster ran past and suddenly Artemis was thrown back by a punch in the side, and then again, and then again.

"Calibrating." The Scarab screeched as Artemis continued to get pummeled. Suddenly, the figure became clearer and clearer and Artemis took her shot to hit them with a sonic blast from her right hand. The speedster rolled and hit the ground and Artemis flew up to them as the dust began to settle. Artemis could make out her face now, it was a young girl, maybe nineteen years old with brown hair and eyes. Artemis quickly raised her cannon to her face, 

"Hello again, XS." Artemis smiled as the speedster widened her eyes. 

"Please don't! I'm just doing my job!" XS pleaded looking up at her, "You don't know what you're doing!"

"I'm not going to kill you, calm down." Artemis shook her head in annoyance, "I'm just going to make sure you won't be a problem." She quickly smashed down with her fist, but XS quickly sped behind her kicking her in the side and speeding away towards the altar. Artemis widened her eyes, they were here after Eddie.

Artemis quickly turned heading towards the altar. She boosted her thrusters up to full power as she flew in over head. She scanned several figures surrounding Eddie now, Lightning Lad, Saturn Girl, XS, and Timerwolf to be sure. She landed as she saw Tula, Terra, and Wally all standing not too far away. She quickly landed next to them hugging Wally as soon as she could before turning towards the super powered humans from the future. Artemis looked over as Black Canary made her way up towards them.

"You all alright?" She asked holding her arm, she was cut badly from the rocks. 

"Dinah are you okay?" Artemis asked softly stepping towards her, but Dinah nodded and looked up towards Eddie.

"No time. We need to save him." She turned and ran up the hill screeching at Lightning Lad and Saturn Girl. The two clasped their heads turning as XS sped down the hill, Wally ran towards her tackling into her and the two began to race around in a battle. Terra lifted herself up onto a floating rock and flung boulders towards Timberwolf as he launched himself towards them. Tula and Artemis quickly ran towards Lightning Lad and Saturn Girl as they stood up. Dinah prepared to scream again, but she suddenly fell to the ground as Saturn Girl raised her hand. Artemis fired a plasma blast at the woman and knocked her back allowing Dinah to regain her footing. Tula launched herself at Lightning Lad and kicked him in the chest knocking him back. He quickly raised a hand sending electricity her way, but Tula gracefully ducked beneath it and hit him in the chest with a mystic energy blast. Artemis flew up towards Saturn Girl hitting her in the jaw with a fist knocking her back into a rock and knocking her out. Artemis turned around as Dinah and Tula ran up to her. Nearby, Wally had successfully dispatched XS and dropped her by Saturn Girl joining them while Terra still dealt with Timberwolf. Dinah ran towards them sending a sonic scream at the metahuman knocking him down allowing Terra to fling a boulder into him knocking the beast out and reverting him to human form.