Chapter Twenty-Eight: Star City

The Rocky Mountains, 8/24/18, 11:44 PM

Talia smiled as she gazed down at her men training. The past few months she had built up the League of Assassin's from the ground up. Soon, they would have their influence over the world yet again established. She looked over as Lady Shiva moved towards her.

"Demon's Head, your son is here." She said waving her arm as Talia's 8 year old boy moved towards her.

"Ah yes, my precious Damien!" Talia grinned picking him up and kissing his forehead, she smiled setting him down and looked towards Shiva, "Bring me Cross and Ravager."

Shiva nodded and called behind her as the two assassins moved in front of Talia and Damien. 

"Any word from our associates?" She raised a brow at the two, they were meant to be keeping point on Project Silence. Cross nodded to her.

"Yes Demon's Head." He spoke through his helmet as his voice came out in a distorted tone, "Grodd is working to complete the next phase. He says he needs someone located though."

"Who would that be?" Talia perked her ears in curiosity.

"He said he needs a magical component, and that our best bet of finding that component is through a doctor. His name is Doctor Sivana."

"Find him then." Talia ordered them sternly, "Bring this Doctor Sivana to me."

***

Central City, 8/29/18, 4:00 PM

Wally sighed as he gazed out at the city skyline. Central City had been in a state of rebuilding after Darkseid's invasion and the Ring of Evil's attack. The people had banded together to work on recreating the city in a new image, one of unity and strength, but there were still those who sought to prey upon the weak. Wally patrolled the city during the nights and days to save those he could, but even he wasn't fast enough. He heard a gust of air above him and a swoosh from a pair of thrusters as Artemis landed behind him. 

"Hey lover boy." She smirked as her blue helm shifted to reveal her face. Wally smiled back embracing her in his arms, holding her tight. 

"I can't tell you how much I've missed you." He whispered letting another sigh out as she gazed up at him.

"Its only been a week. League duties haven't taken all of your attention yet?" 

"You know nothing could ever keep me from you." He smirked back and then his face softened, "I just don't know what the point is anymore."

"What do you mean?" Artemis asked narrowing her eyes, "Are you okay?" She asked touching his cheek with her hand.

"Its just after everything I thought we had finally achieved something, I traveled to the future and thought I prevented everything I saw, but in the end...it all happened anyways one way or another. Eddie-"

"It's not your fault, Wally." Artemis shook her head pulling Wally into an embrace holding his head on her chest, "It's not your fault."

"If only I could just change it." Wally shook his head away turning back towards the city, "I could go back in time and change...everything." He widened his eyes at the thought. 

"You know how time travel works." Artemis moved towards him, "Barry has always told you the dangers, you don't know what could change."

"Maybe." Wally turned towards her, he felt his cheeks going red as his anger rose, "It'd be better than this."

"What if you lost me?" Artemis shot back, "Would it be worth it then?"

Wally's heart skipped a beat as he gazed upon Artemis' face. Her eyes glimmered as her face softened, "No, you're worth everything to me."