Chapter Six: Stryker's Island

Stryker's Island, 5/5/18, 7:44 PM

Desmond Quinn walked into the office overlooking the main courtyard. He smiled taking one of the many bottles that lined the table on the right side of the room and twisting it open. With a glass in hand, he poured himself a drink as he awaited his visitor.

"You know I must thank you for backing the project." Quinn sipped his drink as he watched the large amounts of workers moving through the courtyard carrying shipments or escorting criminals to their cellblocks, "Stryker's Island is everything and more than I hoped it would be as the new home for ARGUS and it's prisoners."

"You're very welcome, Desmond." The lower voice spoke behind him walking in slowly to his side. The man looked out at the courtyard as well and put his hands in his pockets sighing, "I hope ARGUS can protect the world better than those that have put it into ruin."

"Well with the backing of the newest member of the UNE's council, I think we should do just fine." Quinn smirked looking over to the man, "Mr. Lionel Luthor."

Lionel smiled to him and raised his own glass as the two cheered and drank, "This project is important to the world. Its important to me." He set the glass down and put his hands back in his pockets moving towards the table. He raised on hand towards the center console pressing a few buttons bringing up a holographic dossier above the table.

"How goes the gathering of our reconnaissance team?" Lionel asked turning as the multiple images appeared.

"It goes." Quinn nodded pointing to the images, "I have our first member here actually." His hand moved to another button on the table, "Come in." He released his hold on the button and stood up as the doors slid open.

"Ah." Lionel clasped his hands together, "Mr. Faraday! It is so good to finally meet you." He raised a hand and the man shook it upon entering. 

"Mr. Luthor." The man nodded, "King Faraday, at your service."

"Agent Faraday now." Quinn chimed in walking in between the two, "Faraday will be at the head of this new unit within Argus. He will also be taking lead on our recruitment process as well."

"Magnificent." Lionel smirked, "Well I hope good things are to come from this. Give me updates regularly, Desmond. I want to know everything my new organization is doing. Oh and with that project, keep me up to date as well. I want everything." Lionel smiled moving towards the doorway, "Good things to come!" 

Quinn waited as the doors shut and turned towards the windows. "Right." He sighed, "I hate that man very much." Faraday crossed his arms and leaned against the table.

"So what's first then?" He asked as Quinn set his glass down.

"Like he said." Quinn looked up at Faraday, "Recruitment."

***

Liberia, 5/5/18, 4:21 PM

Eddie hit the ground with a loud THUD!

He groaned as he felt the many bruises on his body aching and spiking with pain. He was dizzy and shaky, his vision going in and out but he could make out the figures in the air flying around and battling. Supergirl and their attacker clashed with heat-vision amidst the sunny sky. Eddie looked over to where Tula lay unconscious on the ground with the staff they recently acquired laying next to her. Eddie's eyes darted over to the nearest movement nearby, Artemis was attempting to crawl towards the staff. Her face was scarred, a blast of heat vision had cut across her right cheek. Their attacker was undoubtedly Kryptonian and he was holding his own against Kara, in fact, Kara was barely holding her own against him.