Chapter Twenty-One: New Metropolis

New Metropolis, 5/25/2018, 2:00 PM

The team sat in the waiting room in the Hall of Justice, the new Hall was still something they were getting used to, but the building was beautiful, filled with statues of Leaguers from over the years and memorials honoring the fallen. The group sat around the waiting room, Cassie was laying on the couch while Kyle and Megan both stood by the door to the League's command room discussing something, Kara and Eddie were playing a board game while Tara, Tula, Wally, and Artemis sat in a circle at one of the tables. 

"So why do you think Diana called us here anyway?" Wally asked snacking on a bag of chips.

"Maybe we're getting a new big mission?" Tara asked leaning against the table with her hand pressing against her cheek, "I'm ready for something big!"

"I bet we're getting a new team member." Artemis said twirling her hair, "I wonder who it could be though..."

"A new member of the team?" Tula asked, "How often does that happen?"

"Well given our numbers... more often than you'd expect." Artemis shrugged looking around the room, "Who knows what it could be, I mean they could-"

The metal doors leading to the meeting room slid open as Wonder Woman and Black Lightning walked in and the Team all stood up as they did so. They moved over to congregate around the League members ready to hear what the news was.

"As you know, the Team has done some amazing things in these past few years." Wonder Woman smiled looking around at them, "We have someone we'd like you all to meet." She looked back and signaled for someone to come in. 

A young teen walked in, he had to be only seventeen, but the group all knew who he was. It was the new Robin. 

"Hey everybody." The boy smiled looking around at them, he was in his costume, the classic Robin outfit, "My name is Tim, I'm the new Robin and I'd like to join you." 

"How is there a new Robin without Batman?" Wally asked crossing his arms and narrowing his eyes, "Unless... there is a NEW Batman?"

"There is." Black Lightning nodded looking to Tim, "We haven't had much luck in bringing him into the fold though. Guess that's something these bat types have in common."

The group gasped looking at each other in confusion and excitement until Wonder Woman cleared her throat and looked to Tim.

"Yes there's a new Batman." Tim nodded, "He's not entirely open to leaving Gotham right now, but I've heard so much about the work you all have done and... I figured Gotham is in safe hands right now and I could use a break from the dark streets of Gotham."

"You're welcome here with us, Robin." Megan smiled, "I think you'll find us to be something like a new family." 

"I hope so." Tim smiled, "I'm ready to help however I can!"

"Great." Wonder Woman smiled, "Tim already put his things in his quarters on the Watchtower, so its time for your new assignment." She turned as the doors swung open and the Team followed into the League briefing room. 

The Team gathered around as Wonder Woman and Black Lightning stood in front of the holographic screen, "We've been hearing reports of a strange seismic activity near Los Angeles. Alpha Squad will investigate, the squad will consist of Blue Beetle, Wondergirl, Miss Martian, and Kid Devil. Meanwhile, we've also received reports of organized crime rising in the south, Beta Squad will be heading to New Orleans, the squad will be Kyle, Aquagirl, and Terra. Finally, Gamma Squad will be investigating reports of strange power outages in New York City, the squad will be Kid Flash, Supergirl, and Robin. Keep in contact with each other, be smart, you've all done this for a long time, but we know how surprising this world can be."

Justice League V: Eclipseजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें