Chapter Twenty: New Metropolis

New Metropolis, 5/9/2040, 1:23 AM

Wally looked out upon the city, it was completely in ruin. The group stood atop a mostly destroyed building looking out on the ruined city. The buildings were crumbled and the streets filled with ash, bodies lay strewn across the streets and dark clouds rolled overhead. M'gann and Artemis stood at his sides, Wally turned to them.

"I can't believe this happened, I'm sorry I wasn't there I thought-" He said shaking his head in regret, but Artemis put a hand on his shoulder.

"No. You were trying to help, we just didn't know it." She embraced him in a hug while M'gann turned to see more joining them. Wally turned as well widening his eyes as he saw Black Lightning walking towards them, he was older, but he still wore his suit. Cassie walked beside him, she was older too, but she looked strong and her golden blonde hair shined brighter than the world around them. 

"Cassie? Jeff?" Wally said turning towards them with wide eyes, "I can't believe it..." Cassie walked up to him and embraced him in a hug.

"Its good to see you, Wally." Cassie sighed looking down at him with kind eyes, "It has been too long." 

"So you think you can fix all of this?" Jefferson asked moving his hand to motion to the destroyed city, "The world is in ruins, Nekron and Red Devil have destroyed everything."

"I think so." Wally nodded turning back towards M'gann and Artemis, "If I can go back in time to prevent this from happening, I will. It might be a risk, but any future is better than this one."

"Where or I mean, when will you go?" Artemis asked with a worried tone, "I mean how can you know what you'll change?"

"I don't." Wally sighed, "But I have no choice, I need to fix this."

"Well you better get running because we have company." Jefferson pointed down to the street where a red figure was racing towards them.

"Eddie." M'gann cursed, "Wally, we can hold him off, you need to run." She said turning to him nodding her head.

"I can't just leave you here!" Wally shook his head, "If this doesn't work and he kills you all-"

"M'gann is right, don't worry about us." Artemis put her hand on Wally's shoulder, "We'll be okay, if there's a fraction of a chance this could work, you have to take it."

Wally nodded and began to back away as Red Devil suddenly appeared before them on the edge of the rooftop.  

"Well hello everyone." Red Devil smiled, his sharpened teeth shining in the light of the moon, "What a quaint reunion." M'gann quickly raised her hands knocking Red Devil backwards off the building with her telekinesis. 

"GO!" Artemis yelled turning with her bow raised as Red Devil teleported above them and landed in front of Wally. Wally quickly sped around him as the other heroes leapt into battle. Red Devil slammed Cassie off the building and grabbed Black Lightning by the neck as Artemis shot arrows into his chest. Wally quickly ran down the side of the building and into the street as clouds began rolling in overhead. He began running through the streets, going as fast as he could. He could hear a voice enter his head as he ran.

"Your efforts are futile boy. I will control this world and the entire universe, there is NOTHING you can do to stop me."

"Think again." Wally yelled back as he sped forward and suddenly he broke into the Speed Force. He closed his eyes as he ran and opened them to see moments in time passing by him. Familiar moments and some unknown to him. He kept running until finally he exited the Speed Force and found himself standing on Themyscira. He widened his eyes looking around until he looked forward seeing Eobard Thawne, himself, standing before him eyes widened. He was holding the Phantom Zone Projector.