Hotshot X Whirl

a request from orionprime5

Whirl and Hotshot walk into Hero Hall. Their mentors greet the duo.

"What are we doing today, Chase?" Whirl asks.

"Yeah, HW, what's the plan?" Hotshot asks.

"Chase and I thought it would be good to do a tag team training to see how well you two can work together," Heatwave says.

"ok, Hw, what sim are we doing?" Hotshot asks.

"Yeah, can we do a high-speed chase rescue?" Whirl asks.

"No, this time, Whirl." Chase answers.

"Yes, Chase and I decided that you'll be doing an air rescue where you'll have to guide a plane that is low on fuel to a make-shift runway," Heatwave says as he locates the sim on Hero halls program list on his tablet.

After the Sim appears and the duo spots the plane, Hotshot changes into his jet mode and Whirl transformers into police car mode.

"So, what's the plan, Hotshot?" Whirl asks.

"I'll fly up and try to guide the plane over to the empty field a few miles down the road," Hotshot says.

"Hotshot, are you sure that the plane has enough fuel to make it there," Whirl asks.

"Of course I do. You can use your sirens to clear the road," Hotshot says.

Okay, but I don't think it will, Whirl thinks.

"Hotshot, the plane is falling. You need to catch it on your back," Whirl says as she spots the plane falling when the engine stalls.

Hotshot turns around and gets under the plane when the plane's pilot can steady the plane. Hotshot wasn't able to keep himself airborne. Then he and the plane start to fall. Whirl changes into her helicopter mode and flies over them. She lowers the harness to the pilot then and flies him to safety. After Whirl sets the pilot gently down on the side of the road, the sim fades. Hotshot groans as he turns back into his robot form, and he walks over to Whirl.

"Sorry, whirl, I guess we should have used the road as runway instead of trying to make it the field," Hotshot says.

"It's okay, are you alright?" Whirl asks as she notices the scratch on his back.

"Yeah, I'm just a little sore, that's all," Hotshot says.

"Either way, you two still need to work on your teamwork," Chase says as he and Heatwave walk up to them.

"Yes, sir, the recruits say.

"I can help you buff out the scratch," Whirl says.

"Sure, maybe when we're done, we could go to the zoo in Griffin Rock. I want to go visit Smashie," Hotshot says.

"Sure, I'd love to. I want to see the penguins," Whirl says.

After whirl buffs hotshot's scratches, they roll out to the zoo. When they get there, the animals have escaped, and they alone round them all up. After rounding up all, one of the workers walks up to them.

"Thanks for all the help, recruits. If you two are interested, we have a petting zoo," The worker says.

"is a petting zoo where we can touch all the animals?" Whirl asks.

"Yes," the worker answers.

"Cool, are there any Rhino there? Hotshot asks.

"I'm afraid not, but we do have baby goats and other cute baby animals," the worker replies.

"Can we still check it out, Hotshot?" Whirl asks.

"Sure," Hotshot says.

"I can't wait to see the animals!" Whirl says.

When they got there, Hotshot couldn't keep himself from smiles watching Whirl get all excited to pet all the cute animals. After they leave the petting Zoo, the recruits are surprised to see Frankie and the rest of the Greene family and the Burns family arrive.

"Hi, Hotshot. What are you two doing here?" Cody asks.

"I really wanted to see Smashie again, and I knew how much whirl loves penguins, so I asked her if she wanted to come too," Hotshot says.

"Are you sure this isn't a date?" Kade asks.

"No, way, what's a date?" Hotshot answers.

"I'll tell you what it is when we get to the penguins," Whirl says, as she drags Hotshot away by the arm.

Hotshot secretly already knew what a "date" was. He didn't want to tell Whirl since he was afraid she didn't like him. He feared she had feelings for Hoist; instead, he couldn't keep his spark from rasing the entire time Whirl held his hand when they walked around the penguin exhibit.

'I'm glad Autobots don't sweat, but I need to tell her today,' Hotshot thinks as they walk to a gift store after visiting Smashie.

After Hotshot asked Cody if he could buy a penguin stuffed animal, the recruits, the Greenes, and the Burns walked to the zoo exit.

"So why were you here at the zoo?" Hotshot asks.

" We wanted to spend the day together," Dani says.

"Yes, we haven't had much Family time since Optimus assigned us to different places over the world," Graham adds.

"I need to get out of my lab for a bit," Professor Baranova says.

"It's getting late we should be going home," Chief Burns says.

Hotshot and whirl ground bridged to the front of the academy. Hotshot's hands are shaking as he hands the stuffed penguin to whirl.

"Here, whirl, I hope you like it," Hotshot says.

"Thanks, Hotshot," Whirl says.

"You're welcome," Hotshot says.

"I can't wait to tell Chase and Heatwave about our amazing teamwork when we rounded up the escaped zoo animals," Whirl says.

"Whirl, there is something else I need to tell you, but you have to promise not to tell anyone," Hotshot says.

"Let me guess, this trip to the zoo was a date and that you like me," Whirl says.

"Yes, but how did you know?" Hotshot asks.

"I am a police bot and a detective," Whirl says, "Don't worry, you have my spark. Hoist, and I have more a sibling bond than a romantic one," Whirl continues before she kissed him on the cheek.