Happy Birthday Patricia

I'll be using characters from Tough Decisions. Contains a light spoiler for anyone who has read the newest chapter. Also, thank you to everyone I just checked the stats page it has 5,472 reads. The support you all have for this book means the world to me. The song in this chapter is from MLP, so I don't own it. All right belong to Hasbro and its respective companies.

At the Autobot base, Tracy is sitting on the couch watching the TV. When a commercial comes onto the screen, she hears footsteps as Knockout's holofrom walks up the stairs, Tracy turns her head to look at him.

"Why do humans celebrate birthdays?" Knockout asks.

"I don't know," Tracy replies, as she reaches over to pick up the remote.

Tracy gets up off the couch and walks over to Knockout. They head down the stairs over to Ratchet. He opens up a ground bridge portal which confuses Tracy a bit.

"Ratchet, why did you just do that?" Tracy asks.

"Optimus wanted me to learn more about humans from you," Knockout says.

"Okay, but why do we need to use the ground bridge, couldn't we just drive around Jasper?" Tracy says.

"I've seen Jasper since its so small. Bobby mentioned that you and your friends went to a forest with your families the summer after first grade. I'd like to see the cabin all of you stayed in," Knockout says.

"I guess we could, I mean as long as you don't want to go for a hike in the forest. Since it's not all that different from any other forest in the United States," Tracy says.

Knockout deactivates his holoform and walks into it. Tracy follows behinds him. They exit and come out in front of the cabin that their families stayed in the summer. Tracy remembers where the spare key is and takes it out a jar hidden in the potted plant next to the front door. Tracy opens the door and sees Knockout's holoform walking up to her. She motions for him to come inside. The first thing Knockout sees is the dining table and the kitchen area in the back of the room. The left of the door is the living room. Then there is a sliding door to the right and above it is balcony above it where the second story and the rest of the room are.

"It looks nice, but from Bobby's description I thought it would be a bit bigger," Knockout says.

"In Bobby's defense, we were six-years-old when we came here so everything would look huge to him from his perspective," Tracy says.

"That's true," Knockout says.

Meanwhile, at Prince Philip's Castle, the rangers along with the Autobots in their holoforms are helping Bobby and Ashley set up Tracy's birthday party.

"If Tracy told you that she didn't want a party, why are you doing this?" Arcee asks.

"This will be the last time the three of us will be together to celebrate any of our friends birthdays as a group in person before she goes off to college," Bobby says. "So, that's why I want everything to be perfect," Bobby continues going over his checklist again.

"How can you be so sure that she'll even register at the school in Zandar," Prince Philip asks.

"Yes, even though she did get accepted, she hasn't sounded all too confident that she wasn't to go," Arcee adds.

"Ashley has mentioned that if Tracy does leave she would be turning her back on the two you and destroying your friendship, as well," Smokescreen says. "Then Ashley said that Tracy is just selfish," Smokescreen adds.

"Ashley, did you say that about Tracy behind her back?" Bobby asks. "You and I both know how stressed out Tracy had been out over weather she should attend or not. Ashley, I can't believe that you think Tracy is one who is being selfish; it's you."

"How am I selfish?" Ashley snaps.

"You've seemed to have forgotten about how much not just mine but your friendship means to her. Tracy, she needs our support right now more than ever before. She needs to know that we'll be there for her no matter what she chooses to do," Bobby continues.

"Bobby, you're just getting all sappy because the two of you finally decided to start dating and be a couple." Ashley snaps.

"That has nothing to do with the current status of our relationship, even if we weren't dating I'd still stand by Tracy no matter what. Ashley, you're just upset because you don't want to say goodbye when Tracy does leave," Bobby says. "I don't want her to go either, but we can't just force her to give up on this opportunity just because we want our group never to be apart from one another," Bobby continues.

"Why Tracy was so hesitant to say anything whenever we ask her for assistance to form a battle plan in most situations?" Optimus asks changing the subject to prevent the argument from escalating.

"She was like that with us as well," Tyler adds.

"Becuase, Optimus, Tracy believed whenever she spoke, either someone would acknowledge her opinion, but no one was listening to her, or the person was listening to her, but not hearing what she was saying. In the end, she just decided not to say anything at all," Bobby says.

"That is terrible," Smokescreen says.

"Yes, but you can't get mad at her for putting up a wall around herself," Arcee says.

"But we did break it down eventually," Shelby says.

"Well, most of us, right, Smokescreen," Acree smirks.

"Hey, she's stopped giving the silent treatment," Smokescreen says, as he hangs the last row of streamers on the wall before walking down the step ladder.

Chase and Wheeljack come into the cafe carrying the three-layer double dark chocolate fudge cake then placing it on the table in the middle of the room. Bobby takes out his phone and calls Knockout.

Ten minutes later, Knockout pulls into the parking lot. Tracy's hand begins to shake like a leaf as she places it on the door handle. She didn't know why she was so anxious the young woman already had a hunch about what her friends were planning. Knockout and her head inside, they head to the cafe. Halfway there Bobby meets up with them. He places his hands over her eyes and guides her the rest of the way. Tears start to form in Tracy's eyes as Bobby removes his hands, and she begins to look around the room.

"Those are happy tears, right, partner?" Wheeljack asks.

"Yes," Tracy replies as she wipes them away.

After everyone had some cake, it was time for Tracy to open up her gifts. Tracy is confused when Bobby didn't give her a box. Instead, he picks up an acoustic guitar.

"Bobby, why didn't you get Tracy a gift?" Chase asks.

"I did get her one, but I couldn't wrap it," Bobby says.

Bobby starts to strum a few cords, and the group is amazed to hear Bobby's singing voice for the time.

I wanted to get you
Something oh, so rare
A gift to show I care
But nothing can compare
To you, that's easy to see
But I got stressed and overthought
Until the day was shot
And it was all for naught
But now it's clear to me
I'm not gifted at gifting
It's really pretty sad
I tried to show I care
But it turned out bad
I'm not gifted at gifting
So all that's left to say
Is that I really hope my gifting
Didn't ruin your birthday

Bobby sets the guitar back down on the floor, and Tracy walks over to him.

"How is singing a song to someone a birthday gift?" Smokescreen asks.

Tracy kisses Bobby on the cheek. "It shows the recipient just how much the person singing the song cares for the other person," Tracy says.