Valentine's Day

I'm using characters from my story, Tough Decisions. Also, I've edited that story a bit, and it will explain why Tracy calls Matias her dad instead of Uncle Matias. Her Aunt Mary is her mom. So, a small spoiler if you haven't gone back to read this story since I edited it.

Tracy asked Raf is she could borrow his laptop to look up something special that she and Bobby could do to celebrate their first Valentine's day as a couple. After searching Google for what felt like an entirety but was, in reality, only fifteen minutes and coming up with nothing. Wheeljack walks and hears his partner's groan of frustration as she shuts down the computer placing it down on the coffee table.

"Remind me again, what is Valentine's day and why do you want it to be so special you and Bobby?" Wheeljack asks.

"It's a day we celebrate love and affection, and I want it to be special because it's the first time Bobby and I will be celebrating Valentine's day as a couple." Tracy answers.

A few seconds later, Matias and June get out of Ratchet. June is wearing a dress and Matias is in a suit.

"Hey, Mr. Baker, I mean dad, are you two going to Opera, or did your high school decided to recreate a sweethearts dance for Valentine's day?" Tracy says.

"Very funny, Patricia, the community center is having a dance for Valentine's day, and it's free to enter," Matias says.

"That's good to know, but dad, I just you forgot that I've mentioned that going to any dance just makes the anxiety levels rise," Tracy says.

"I didn't forget. I'm just suggesting that you give a chance since this dance will be pretty small since there aren't that many couples in Jasper," Matias says.

"That might be true, dad, but even if I did want to go, I don't have a dress," Tracy says.

"The dance doesn't start for another two hours. You have plenty of time," June says.

An hour and a half later, June and Tracy return to June's house. Tracy is sitting on the couch. June bought her a dress that looked similar to what she wore to prom, but it was Cinderella-inspired. June even helped her do her hair the entire they were shopping Tracy couldn't help but think about when she and her mom Mary. Then a wave of grief washes over her, and she holds back her tears to avoid ruining the small amount of make she put on her face.

"Sweetheart, you look just as pretty as you did on Prom Night," Matias says.

"Thanks, Dad," Tracy says, as she slowly gets up and walks over to the front window. She pretends that nothing is wrong watching as Knockout pulls up, and Bobby gets out, holding a corsage box in his hands. She turns around to face the doorway.

"Wow, Tracy, I love how you look stunning with or without makeup," Bobby says as he walks into the living room.

"Thank you, so I take it from the fact you are wearing a Tux that you planned for us to go to the dance at the community center?" Tracy asks.

"Yes, I know it would take you a tad out of your comfort zone, but I'd hope you'd still go since you know that I'd be happy to lead you to a safe zone if you started to have a panic attack," Bobby says, sliding the corsage onto Tracy's wrist.

"I guess falling in love with one of your best guy friends isn't so bad after all," Tracy says as she kisses Bobby on the cheek.

A few minutes before everyone is about to leave for the dance, Matias notices that the skin on Tracy's right hand is starting to crack as well as a rash beginning to form.

"Patricia, you starting to have an allergic to the orchids in the corsage," Matias says.

"I'm afraid you have to take it off," June adds.

"I don't understand, dad, I just had an allergy test done last month, and it came back negative for any allergy to flower pollen," Tracy says quickly taking off the corsage and doing her best not to scratch her irritated skin.

"Being allergic to Orchid pollen is rare. You are reacting the sap," Matias explains.

"Go wash your hands to remove the sap from hand," June says.

Tracy nods as she runs off to the bathroom.

I can't believe it I've ruined Bobby and mine's first Valentine's day even before we get out the door, Tracy thinks as she dries her hands and walks back to meet up with everyone.

"I'm sorry Tracy, I should have had the corsage made with Roses instead," Bobby apologizes.

"Bobby, it's okay, even i didn't know I was allergic to orchid sap, but we might have to do a rain check on Valentine's day dance until next year," Tracy says.

"That's fine, I'm just glad you're alright," Bobby says.

"June, I'm sorry you spent some of your hard-earned money on me to buy this dress, and now it's not going to be used tonight," Tracy says.

"No worries, sweetheart, I just enjoyed going shopping with you it was like for a few hours I had a daughter," June says.

"I felt that too, except it was like when my mom and I went shopping for my Prom dress," Tracy says, leaving the room to prevent everyone from seeing her cry.

"Grief just hit Tracy hard, didn't it?" Bobby asks.

"Yes, Bobby, you and Tracy are welcome to stay. Order a pay preview movie or two and some pizza too if you like," June says.

"Yes, it best for you two to work through this together, June, and I will just head off to the dance," Matias says.

Bobby nods and runs off to find Tracy. He goes to the back yard to see Tracy sitting on the ground in front of the oak tree, crying her eyes out. Bobby slowly walks up to her, not saying a word. He knew that she wasn't in any mood to talk; he sits down next to her. Tracy quickly wraps her arms around him and cries into his chest. Bobby places his head on top of hers and patiently waits for his girlfriend to calm down.

Once she does, they go back inside and watch one of their favorite movies when they were kids Finding Nemo. After a mini Disney movie marathon, they fell asleep in each other's arms. An hour later, June and Matias come back to the house and smile, seeing the couple fast asleep on the couch with huge smiles on their faces. June drapes a blanket over them before she and Matias head upstairs to get some rest themselves.