Sparkling-Sitting Duty

Requested by robot dad from Qutoev. Another one using my characters from Aliens in Jasper.

Normal POV

Wednesday morning, Sabrina and Graham left the base to pick up Brandon to take him to Preschool. Isabella wasn't going today since she has the flu. When they walk up to the front door of Sabrina's house and go inside the duo is greeted by Sabrina's parents when they walk into the kitchen.

"Sabrina, I hate to say this, but Brandon doesn't have school today or the rest of the week" Elena, Sabrina's mom, says.

"Why?" Sabrina asks.

"One of the water pipes broke and flooded the school," Elena explains.

"So, that means you'll have to take him back to the base before you and Graham go to school," Julian, Sabrina's father, adds.

"I'm not sure that's a good idea dad," Sabrina says.

"I agree with Sabrina Mr. Tucker. I know Ratchet won't be happy having him at the base," Graham adds.

"That may be true Graham, but his regular babysitting isn't available," Julian says.

"Okay, we'll double back to the base," Sabrina sighs.

"Why don't the two of you have some breakfast first I made blueberry pancakes," Elena suggests.

The teens were hungry, so they sit down at the table. Elena sets a plate filled with pancakes in the middle of the table.

"Can I have a smiley face pancake, mom?" Brandon asks.

"Sure, maybe your sister can make it for you," Elena says.

Sabrina smiles and starts making Brandon smiley face pancake. She finishes it by using some whip cream to make some hair and the face, then sets the plate in front of her brother. After they finish eating the trio heads back outside to Cliffjumper. Sabrina puts Brandon in the back seat, then Graham sits down in the passenger's seat. Sabrina sits down in the driver's seat. After they buckle in, Cliffjumper backs out of the driveway and heads back to the base. Optimus, and the other Autobots are confused when they see Sabrina, Graham and Brandon get out of Cliffjumper.

"Why are you back? You'll be late for school," Ratchet says.

"I have some bad news Brandon is going to stay here today since the Preschool is closed," Sabrina says.

"Why is it closed?" Ratchet asks.

"It's flooded from a broken water pipe and I have some more bad news I'm afraid. It's going to take a few days for the everything to get cleaned up and the health department has to make sure its safe for everyone to return," Sabrina explains.

"I'm not going to watch him," Ratchet says walking away from the group.

"Aw man, I wanted to Ratchet to play Operation with me," Brandon complains.

"Maybe you can teach one of the others how to play," Sabrina suggests.

"Okay," Brandon sighs.

"Let's get going Graham we don't want to get a tardy. Brandon, you be good, okay," Sabrina says.

Brandon nods. Sabrina and Graham get back into the Cliffjumper's vehicle mode and drive off. Elita places her hand in front of Brandon. The preschool quickly walks onto it. Brandon smiles when she sets him on her shoulder. He loves being up really high to him it was good practice to get him ready for when he is tall enough to ride the big roller coaster at the amusement park. An hour goes by and Brandon starts to get bored. Elita and Optimus hear the preschooler let out a long sigh.

"Do you want to show Optimus and I how to play the human board game you mentioned earlier," Elita says.

"Okay," Brandon smiles.

Elita sets him down in front of the coffee table. Elita and Optimus stand in front of the railing and watch Brandon open the box, then set up the game. He turns around to face the Cybertronians. Ratchet joins them a few moments later.

"Miss Elita, do you have a fake human form like Ratchet?" Brandon asks.

"It's called a holoform Brandon," Optimus says, correcting the young human.

"I do not, I'm sorry Brandon," Elita says.

"Aw, then how can I show you how to play the game, then," Brandon says.

"Maybe, you can show Optimus and Ratchet how to play. They have a holoform," Elita says.

"Okay," Brandon smiles.

"Elita, you know this really isn't my thing," Optimus says.

"I don't want to play this primitive human game," Ratchet says.

"Please, Mr. Optimus, Mr. Ratchet, you need more than one person to play," Brandon says.

"He did say please you two," Elita says.

"Fine, just this once," Optimus says.

"Fine, fine," Ratchet sighs.

"Thank you Mr. Optimus, Mr. Ratchet," Brandon says.

Optimus nods and activates his holoform. Ratchet turns on his holoform as well. Brandon looks over towards the stairs. He sees a 6''1' man is his middle thirties with short black hair and light brown eyes. Wearing a leather jacket and matching shirt and jeans the same color as his robot form walk up to him. Optimus kneels down in front of the table. Brandon explains how to play the game. Then they start playing Brandon splits the specialist cards evenly between the two of them. Then everyone rolls a die to see who gets to go first. Brandon wins and flips over a Doctor card. It says Butterflies in the Stomach $100. He picks up the tweezers to remove the piece from the game board. He does it without making the buzzer go off so he puts that doctors card in the discard pile then takes one of the $100 bills from the stack of play money on the table. Now it was Ratchet's turn the card he draws from the pile is Writer's Cramp. He tries to mimic what Brandon did, but the tweezers touch the sides of the board and the buzzer goes off.

"Sorry, Ratchet, you lose a turn. Now whoever has the specialist card gets a chance to remove it and gets double the money if they can take it out," Brandon says.

They look through their specialist card and Optimus has it. So, he tries to remove it and does it without making the buzzer go sound. Ratchet sigh since he knows the Optimus has steady hands. They trio continues to play and after all the pieces we removed from the board they counted up all their money.

"I won, let's play again," Brandon says.

"Sorry, Brandon I have to get back to work locating an energon mine," Ratchet says.

"Okay," Brandon sighs.

"Thank you for showing us how to play. It allowed me to learn how human board games work," Optimus says.

"You're welcome," Brandon says.