Ratchet Plays Candy Land

The characters in this are from my story Aliens in Jasper. Requested by a fellow writer on Quotev, ShadowSerpent.

Normal POV

Sabrina and Graham along with their siblings are sitting on the couch. The teens had to watch Paw Patrol since they let the preschoolers pick the show they would watch to add insult to injury, it was a marathon, which means they are stuck watching it for the next two hours. They get up off the couch and walk over to the computer, and see Ratchet, Optimus, and Cliffjumper standing around it.

"I found found an energon deposit, located in the forest near the Mount Rushmore Monument in South Dakota," Ratchet says.
"Cliffjumper, since Bumblebee is out patrolling the streets around Rafael's house. You'll come with me to find the energon before the Decepticons do," Optimus says.

"Can we tag along too, please?" Sabrina asks.

"Yeah, I can't watch another episode of Paw Patrol. Plus, the theme song is stuck in my head now. You might need a human to pay for parking," Graham adds.

"We'll be using the ground bridge," Cliffjumper says.

"Are you sure that they'll be all right if you leave?" Ratchet asks.

"Yes, they'll be fine Uncle TV will keep them occupied," Sabrina says confidently.

"If you leave I'll have to babysit them. I may be your Guardian Graham, I refuse to keep an eye on your sister along with your brother Sabrina," Ratchet snaps.

"Please, Ratchet," The teens beg giving him the puppy dog pout.

"If I say that I'll do it, can the two of you stop making those faces?" Ratchet asks.

"Yes," The teens answer.

"Fine, I'll do it," Ratchet sighs.

"Thank you Ratchet," The duo says.

Ratchet just nods and walks over to the ground bridge controls. He activates it and everyone goes over to it. Cliffjumper picks up Sabrina and Graham then places them on his shoulder before he walks through the portal. After the portal closes Ratchet walks over to the platform where the TV is, and adjusts his optics to see what is on the screen. He sees the title card of the episode "Pups save the space alien." along with a picture of Chase.

"Does the puppy have a name?" Ratchet asks.

"His name is Chase, Ratchet," Isabella says.

"Yeah, he's my favorite pup," Brandon adds.

"My favorite pup is Skye," Isabella says.

Ratchet watches a bit longer to find out why this show is so entertaining. After he sees what the humans think aliens look like a small green creature with a head that has a melon design on the back. He slightly impressed with Rocky's abiltily to use recycled objects to fix the space ship. The preschoolers turn around when it goes to commercial.

"Ratchet, where is Sabrina?" Brandon asks.

"Yeah, where is Graham?" Isabella adds.

"They went with Cliffjumper and Optimus on a scouting mission. They should be back soon," Ratchet answers.

"How long is soon?" The children ask.

"They should be back before the show ends," Ratchet answers.

They turn back around when they hear Marshal's voice say the title of the next segment of the episode. The duo gets tired of watching TV and decides to play a game of tag. Ratchet contacts Cliffjumper to see if Sabrina had any ideas to keep them busy.

"Sabrina, you assured me that Brandon and Isabella would watch TV till you returned," Ratchet complains.

"Sorry Ratchet, I thought they would watch three more episodes they love Paw Patrol," Sabrina apologizes.

"How do I get them to stop running around the base?" Ratchet asks.

"I'm afraid you'll have to play with them." Sabrina answers.

"What am I supposed to do? You and Graham should come back, I can't get any work done if they keep making all this noise" Ratchet says.

"You're going to have to take a break for a bit. I did pack some board games along with the rest of my things. You could tell them about it, but they may ask you to play too. Tell Isabella, she is allowed to go into my room to go get them," Sabrina says.

"We'll contact soon Ratchet when we locate the energon," Cliffjumper says.

Ratchet transforms and turns on his siren, then the four-year-olds stop running and put their hands over their ears. Ratchet thanks Primus as he turns off his siren and transforms back to his robot form. Then Brandon and Isabella put their hands on their sides and look over at the Autobot medic.

"How about we play a board game Sabrina said she brought some," Ratchet says.

"Which games did she bring?" Brandon says.

"I'm not sure, Isabella you can go to Sabrina's room to go get them." Ratchet answers.

Isabella runs to Sabrina's room. She locates the box with the games in it and takes out two games - Candy Land and Operation. She returns to see Ratchet's holoform standing next to Brandon.

"Which game are we playing first," Brandon asks.

"Candy Land," Isabella says.

Then everyone goes back up to where the TV is, and Isabella set the boxes on the table. She opens the Candy Land box, unfolds the board and sets it on the table. Ratchet sees the rainbow path and sections of it labeled Peppermint Forest, Lollipop Palace, and Licorice Lagoon. He picks up the rules sheet out of the box and reads it.

"Seems simple enough," Ratchet says.

The rules say that the youngest player goes first since Brandon and Isabella are the same age. The kids let Ratchet go first after he shuffles the deck. The medic draws a card with two green squares on it and moves to the second green square on the board. One his third turn ratchet lands on a licorice space and loses a turn. Five minutes later, he couldn't believe that he is losing an Earth board game to a pair of four-year-olds when he sees the Brandon and Isabella's game pieces closer to the end of the path while his piece is near the middle.

"Yeah, I win," Isabella cheers when her gingerbread man lands on the Candy Castle.

"You got lucky, I'm going to win the next game," Brandon says.