Chap. 53

Chapter 53

(Kristen's POV)

-continuing from previous chapter-

"W-what happened? Is he ok?"

"I don't know what happened, I wasn't on the slope with him but Shay was and he's back with him now. We are at the hospital now."

"C-can you call me when you hear anything?"

"Of course. Do you want me to come get you?"

"No, I'll stay here... Love you."

"Love you too."

I hang up and look up the basement steps. I run my hands through my hair and walk into my room.

"Morning Noah, did you have a good nap?" He nods and stands up. I lift him up and kiss his head.

"Head upstairs." I set him down and he nods. I check my phone and see nothing. I walk upstairs and don't take my eyes off of my phone.

"Colette?" I look around once I get up the steps.

"Yes?" She walks over to me and smiles.

"Did you get a call from Shay or my mom?"

"No, why?" I look down at my phone and sigh.

"Gavin got hurt on the slopes and I don't know what happened..."

"Who told you?"

"My mom just called me and told me. What if he's really hurt?" Colette hugs me and I hug her back.

"He'll be ok Kristen." I let go and Colette smiles at me. I wipe my cheeks and she blinks back tears.

"Do you want to go up to the hospital?" I look at her for a moment then nod.

"Can you just drop me off?" She nods and kisses my head.

"Kids! Let's get in the car." Everyone runs out of Daxtons room and get there shoes on. Noah runs over to me and I lift him up.

"You ok mommy?" I nod and kiss his head.

"I'm fine." I smile at him and set him down. I get my boots on and his sneakers on.

"Where are we going?" Chaz asks Colette.

"Well I'm going to take you guys to the park, but I have to drop Kristen and Noah off." They nod and we go to her Suburban. I get Noah into his booster seat and sit up front with Colette.

"It's going to be ok, don't stress out about it." I nod and look over at her.

"Your shaking." She says and looks at me.

"I know, I can't stop either." She sighs and continues driving.

"Kristen? Are you ok?" Chaz asks. I look back and smile at him.

"I'm fine buddy." He nods and we pull up to the hospital.

"Thank you so much." I say getting out of the car. I get Noah and close the passenger side door.

"I'll go home with my parents or someone." She nods and smiles at me.

"Call me when you hear anything."

"I will, thanks again." I wave at everyone and walk inside the hospital. As I walk inside Avia, Emmi, and Brock walk to Colette's car.

"Go to grandpa." I set Noah down and he runs over to my dad.

"Kristen, you're here." My mom says and stands up. She hugs me and I hug her back.

"H-have you heard anything?" She looks away from me and down the hall.