Chap. 40

Chapter 40

(Kristen's POV)

-continuing from previous chapter-

(Warning: something happens in this chapter that involves self abuse, if you don't like that I suggest not to read this chapter)

We get Noah from Maker and get home. Gavin carries Noah up the steps and I walk behind them.

I wipe my cheeks and go inside the apartment behind them. Gavin sets Noah down and comes over to me.

"Are you ok?" I shrug and start shaking again.

"Hey, calm down." He pulls me to him and tries to get me to stop shaking. I break away and walk into our room. I close the door and lock it. I ball up in the corner of the room and cry.

"Kristen, unlock this door." I pull my knees closer to my chest and shake. The door handle rattles and opens.

"L-leave me alone. I-I'm fine."

"No you're not Kristen." He comes over to me and sits across from me.

"You need to calm down, can you do that for me?" I shrug and feel myself continuing to shake.

"Kristen, you are ok now. You're mom isn't here so she won't yell at you."

"C-can you just leave me alone...? I-I need time to myself..." He nods and stands up.

"Twenty minutes." I nod and watch him leave the room. I let my legs lay flat on the ground and I run my hands through my hair.

I slowly start to stand up and walk around the room. I go into the bathroom and grab my razor. I start crying as I put it to my wrist.

"Kristen?!" I keep the razor at my wrist as Gavin comes over to me.

"Don't you dare Kristen." He grabs the razor out of my hands and throws it across the bathroom. I back up into a wall and slide down it.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry..." I keep repeating as Gavin comes over to me.

"Stand up." I shake my head and pull my knees closer to my chest.

"Then let me see your wrists." I hold my hands out to him and he checks my wrists.

"You're lucky you didn't cut yourself." He lets go of my wrists and leaves the bathroom, grabbing the razor on his way out. I stand up and walk out of the bathroom.

"G-Gavin..?"

"Don't talk to me." He finishes cleaning a few dishes and walks into the living room.

"Gavin, please talk to me."

"No. I can't believe you would do that. Risking your life?! Your so stupid!" My bottom lip quivers and Gavin pays no attention to me. I sit on the other side of the couch and look at Gavin.

"I'm sorry."

"Sorry doesn't help. You could've seriously hurt yourself." He crosses his arms and I scoot closer to him.

"Kristen." He warns and I get right next to him. I grab his hand and mess with it. I put my hand against his and grab it. He pulls his hand away and puts them in his lap. I sigh and put my hands in my lap.

"Gavin?"

"What?"

"I love you."

"Uh-huh." He crosses his arms and continues to watch tv.

I lean against the armrest and put my legs in his lap. He shoves my legs off and stands up.

"Stop!" He grabs his keys and walks to the door. He walks outside and slams the door shut.