Catching Up

Chapter 35

(Kristen's POV)

- Two weeks since previous chapter -

I wake up with Gavin's arm around me. I sit up and look around. I rub my eyes and smile at Gavin. He stretches and yawns,

"You're up early." I nod and smile.

"Ultrasound today." I smile and Gavin sits up.

"We get the blood test back today also." I get out of bed and put my hair into a bun. I grab some comfortable clothes and change into them.

"Gavin I'm scared." He stands up and hugs me.

"Don't be." He kisses me and I lay my head on his shoulder.

"I love you."

"Love you too, Kris." I let go of him and leave the bedroom. He follows me out and I get some cereal. He wraps his arms around my waist and kisses my cheek.

"Why don't I make toast?" I turn to face him and smile.

"Will you?" He nods and kisses my head.

"Thanks." I go into Noah's room to wake him up.

"Daddy's making toast!" I yell and he perks up.

"Toast!" I laugh and he quickly gets out of bed.

"Why do you only have pull ups on?" I ask and laugh. He smiles at me and grabs pjs from a drawer.

"Daddy didn't give me clothes last night." He giggles and puts his shirt on backwards.

"Here Noah let me help you." I turn his shirt forward and helps him get his shorts on.

He kisses my cheek and runs out of the room. I follow him out and put my hands on my belly. I smile down at it and walk to the kitchen. Gavin sets a plate of toast down and smiles at me.

"Everything ok?" I nod and smile. He sits down and cuts Noah's toast up. He pours syrup on it and Noah starts eating. I sit next to Gavin and start eating.

"Thanks for making this my love." I smile at him and he returns it.

"Anytime, my love." We continue to eat as I look at my phone.

"My moms going to meet us at the doctors." Gavin nods and pushes his plate to the middle of the table.

"You and your mom have a good relationship, I mean you always have but now you never fight with her."

"Well she did save my life." I put my plate on top of his and look over at Noah.

"Mommy, my hands are sticky!" He whines and holds his hands out to me.

"You're ok, are you done eating?" He nods and I put his plate on the top pile. Gavin hands me a wet paper towel and I clean Noah.

"Gavin? Can you start a bath for Noah?" Gavin nods and goes into the bathroom. I pick up Noah and walk into the bathroom. I set him down for Gavin who undressed him and puts him in the warm water.

"Can you believe, in nine months, Noah will be helping us clean the new baby." I nod and smile at Gavin.

"If the ba-"

"Don't you dare." Gavin says, looking over at me. I stand up and clean my hands off. I leave the bathroom and walk into the living room.

I sit on the couch and pull my knees to my chest. I feel myself starting to cry and I don't stop myself.

"Noah go to your room please." I hear Gavin say. I lift my head to see him coming over to me.

"Kristen, I'm sorry." Gavin sits next to me and puts an arm around me. I move away from him and look over at him.