Chapter 2- The shock

His passion kept him rooted on the spot, Vit could not understand how Rukma could look even more enticing as she ran away from him. It was becoming tougher and tougher to control his body's reaction to her. It was when she finally disappeared from his view that he realized he had been rooted to the spot. Rational thoughts came rushing back as he picked up the papers from the floor. He needed his lawyers to look through these.

But before that he wanted to talk to Rukma. About what he was not sure. But he started down the flight of stairs thinking she would be taking the cab from the back gate and perhaps he can also get his car there. And maybe talk to her while waiting for the car to come around. Maybe he can offer her a lift? He was not sure why he wanted to know where she lived but the thought excited him. He could spot her standing near the edge of the lobby as cars and cabs were moving about picking passengers. He started to walk towards her and his phone buzzed.

Rukma was still jittery from the encounter, she wanted to feel the rage at Vit's behavior but it seemed the passion had overcome the anger. The cab appeared at the curb and as she looked forward to being alone and making sense of her emotions. As if to rattle her again, she could spot Vit couple of feet away moving in her direction. She pulled herself together and rushed towards the cab. She wanted to avoid him, meeting him was the last thing she needed.  Maybe Gods finally listened to her and she could see him taking out his phone, slowing him down. The cab was in front of her and she boarded it and let out a sigh of relief.

'Hey Vit, did you meet her? Is the matter settled now? Has she signed the papers?' Distractedly Vit watched her boarding the cab and felt as if he was losing something.

'Yes uncle, I got the papers from her and she has signed them.'

'Sounds good son, don't sign them till the lawyer sees them. Come straight to the function hall. No one is home.'

'Sure uncle, I will call the car now. By the way who am I engaged to?'

'You are engaged to Singhania's grand niece Maira Ray. Why are you asking?'

'I would Google her.'

Vit cut the phone and called his assistant and in few minutes the car was there. Param, his assistant opened the door and Vit slid into the car.

'Sir, err Vit how come you were here at the back gate, I thought we would pick you from the front gate.'

'I was talking to someone and this was the closest gate.' Vit answered in a very clipped voice

'Hehe am sure you would have missed it, but on the first floor there is an area known as Lovers Garden or Eden, I have very fond memories of it.' Param said with a smile completely missing Vit's reaction of grunting. Even if he would have seen Vit's face, he would have thought this would be Vit's usual reaction to anything romantic.

Vit's plan to use his moments of peace to reflect on what had happened and what next to do was gone as the memory of what had happened less than 30 minutes earlier came rushing back. He was kissing his wife....his wife...wife...the word had a certain ring to it. He had finally kissed her right below the ear lobe. This was exactly where the dangling earrings ended, always exposing the beautiful skin.

Dangling earrings, yes that is what he should focus on. These were his heirloom, to be gifted to his wife and he was finally able to get them back from Rukma yesterday with little emotional drama. That was a fine example of his negotiation skills, he should be smiling but his heart refused to agree. Contrary to his family and the lawyers' fears Rukma had been very easy to handle. From getting back the earrings to signed legal documents ending the farce of this marriage she had agreed to everything without any major tantrums. Sometimes it made him wonder why? What can be her motivations?

It was pure chance that he had run into her and he was famous of making the most of the chances he got. It was tough to believe all that had happened yesterday................