Chapter 25 En-sweet 'talk'!

===============================================================================

Author's note: Firstly thanks for more than 1200 views!! Please comment and like to share your views :)

This is an important event and therefore spread across more than 3 chapters. Do watch out for what happens next. We will be leaving them again together......

Read on and comment ;)

===========================================================================

One hour later Rukma knocked at Professor's door and discussed all the entries that were to be evaluated. Professor handed her the printout and asked her to proceed to Vit's suite and saying he would follow soon. Rukma made her way to the suite very slowly. She was not happy with the idea of being alone with Vit again, though Mulligan had assured that he would be there in next few minutes.

She rang the bell at his suite softly, hoping that he would not hear and respond and she could excuse herself. But it felt as if Vit was waiting for her and opened the door promptly. The Presidential suite was one of the biggest options in the hotel. It had a business area with sofas etc to conduct business meetings and a connected bedroom. While the bedroom had a full fledged bathroom, meeting area had a small washroom. She walked in to the meeting area in the suite, Vit looked around to check for Mulligan and not seeing him, followed her inside.

'Errr...are you alone? I mean where is Prof Mulligan?

'He said he will follow soon so we are to wait for him.'

'This is weird, are you okay with us alone here? ' Vit asked Rukma in a concerned voice highlighting how unusual it is for two single people to be left alone in a hotel room.

'It is okay, errrr.. let me leave this list with you and you can call me when you have had a look.' Rukma handed him the list and turned around to walk out of the room.

Just then Prof Mulligan walked in and the three settled in the seating area. While Professor and Rukma sat on the couch next to each other, Vit sat across them and started to discuss the nominations one by one. Halfway through, Prof Mulligan got a call and stepped out of the room indicating to Vit and Rukma to continue the discussion.

They continued to look for winners among the entries and the room service came in with coffee

They continued to look for winners among the entries and the room service came in with coffee. Once they had identified the list of probables Vit looked for Prof but could not see him in the corridor.

'I cannot see the Prof in the corridor. Let me call him up to check on the plan.' Vit said and stepped into the bedroom to call him on the hotel line, Rukma waited in the meeting area.

When Vit walked back into the meeting area he saw Rukma on a call and she was laughing. Vit stood in the doorway and stared at her engrossed in her conversation. All the evening friendliness between Rukma and Jakes came rushing in, taking his temper few notches higher.

'Sure, yes we have punished all the naughty children and will send you the list of all the good ones.' Rukma said into the phone.

She listened for a few minutes and laughed again, 'Yes let us meet at breakfast.' 

A smiling pause to listen to the other end and then, 'sure, see you later' with a laughter.

Vit tried to hide his anger, 'Who are you talking to?'

Seeing Vit's reaction, Rukima decided it was better to close the discussion and leave the room. Also, she was still wearing the saree from the presentation and was now wanting to change into night clothes. She replied, 'None of your business. And now that we have identified the possible winners, I will go now and we can meet tomorrow morning.'

Vit walked across and stood in front of her, 'It is my business, I am your husband.'

'In name only. You are my paper husband, about to be ex-husband.' Rukma was angry and stood toe-to-toe with him, looking straight into his eyes.

Vit held her shoulders and said in a clipped voice, 'Wow, in so much hurry to finish this marriage!'

'Wow (imitating Vit) coming from someone who said that this marriage will never have any social, economic or physical meaning!' Rukma was beyond anger now.

Vit took a step back and pulled Rukma by elbow, 'In that case dear 'wife' why don't we discuss in the 'bedroom'?

Vit pulled along Rukma to the bedroom in the suite. Rukma finally broke away from his hold and they stood in the huge bedroom of the Presidential suite.

 Rukma finally broke away from his hold and they stood in the huge bedroom of the Presidential suite

She knew Vit was a very organized person and there was no mess around the room. The desk in the corner looked used and there were papers scattered across. Somehow despite all the fights and intimate encounters she did not feel uncomfortable standing alone with him. In fact her body was humming a song in the tones of passion. Maybe the memories of their 'honeymoon' when he had held her to provide solace made her body pine for him.....

'There I was in India preparing the list of your potential targets and here you were trying to catch an entirely different fish.' Vit said standing across from Rukma.

Sanity said she should just turn around and walk out. She knew in her heart that Vit was arrogant, idiotic and many more things but not a rapist. Their time alone in the forests had told her that he would never force himself on her. And that made his advances even weirder and tougher to understand.

Though Rukma was backed into the wall, she still challenged him. 'I do not understand your nonsense.'

'I know that you are angling for that Jakes!' Vit was now looking into her eyes.

The layer of kajal  or kohl had faded almost faded on the rim of her eyes and the light gloss on the lips had become even lighter. Still, Rukma looked delectable in the saree and light makeup and Vit was again having a tough time controlling his hormones. They were running rampant with desire.  Vit realized that he had never been intimate with someone in a saree, most of his girlfriends had been Westerners and even the handful of Indian descent women he had been intimate with, rarely wore the garment.He pinned her with both hands and said, 'Do you think I cannot see this dressing up?' and then lifting her chin with his finger he moved his gaze across her face 'do you think I cannot notice that you have never used makeup in India?'

Enraged, Rukma retorted, 'As you might know I presented one of the most important papers of the conference today. I needed to look good, I represent the university and India.' The nearness was causing her to feel things she did not want to feel. It was new and yet familiar...