Chapter 43 Monday Blessing

Author's Note- firstly thanks for 4.1k views.

Since it is national holiday in India and Monday, here is the Monday blessing :)

This one is dedicated to the Gods, fates and the role they play in our lives!

The Flashback chapters come next, four- instead of three that I planned. So watch out!!

Please comment to share what you think.  Your comments and votes will motivate me.

========================================================================

Monday morning came and Rukma and Aditi decided to go to the temple together. While Rukma was planning to ask the Gods why she continued to have such rotten luck in marriage, Aditi had other plans. Aditi wanted to ask Gods for a man who deserved her friend, she wanted to request romance, love and marriage for Rukma.

 They went to the temple and prayed to the Gods and when returning saw an old man struggling on the stairs. As usual they were quick to help him climb to the top.

'Thanks you beti (daughters) for helping this old man. I am usually fit but somehow today my knees were giving me trouble.'

'No problem uncle, everyone wants to see Gods and this is a small help.....'

'Ohh but it means a lot to me. You look married (he pointed to Aditi who had the sindoor and bindi on her forehead)'

'Yes I am.' Aditi was smiling.

'She even has two kids!' Rukma jumped in and the old man laughed.

'You seem to be sisters.'

'We we started off as friends but we are like sisters now!' Rukma said.

'She is the blessing in my life.' Aditi added with a smile.

'Goddess of wealth and abundance, yes she is indeed a blessing wherever she goes!' old man agreed with Aditi.

'We have been childhood friends!'

'So great to hear about this relation of yours. Let me thank you- May Gods bless your kids.' old man put his hand on Aditi's head.

'Thanks uncle!' Aditi was happy.

'Now what about you my child? Do you have kids?' old man asked.

'No, she is not even properly married.' Aditi decided to help her friend.

'So she is engaged?'

'Yes, to an idiot who does not care for her. I prayed to Gods to grant her a more sensible husband.' Aditi shared.

'Then maybe the blessing for her should be that someone knocks sense into her husband!' old man was still laughing while putting the hand on Rukma's head.

'That fellow does not value her, so I would rather that she finds someone new.' Aditi wanted Rukma to have a clean break.

'If God wills, he will come on his knees. Sometimes fixing broken stuff is better than shopping for new. But let us see what God wills!' the old man decided to remain cryptic.

'Thanks uncle for the blessings, do you need anything else?' Rukma wanted to make a move.

'No, you have made my day girls! Carry on your way, let me go thank God for the blessing you are!' uncle slowly moved to the main temple to pray.

Aditi and Rukma bid the old man and went down the steps to the waiting car.  Aditi was talking to someone fixing the evening meeting. She also called up Yash to inform that they would be at the hotel in next half hour.