Chapter 18- Honeymoon in jail

Vit decided that chat was the safer route. He would like to see how Rukma reacts. The code required her to respond once to the message and then she cannot block him! With a ludicrous smile on his face, he started messaging her right away!

'Hi'

No response.

'This is Vit here.'

'What do you want now?'

'Maybe you could have asked, 'how are you?''

'I think it is 6 hours back that we met.'

Vit looked his watch, '6 hours 15 minutes to be precise.'

'Wow.' Rukma was hopeful that he would be able to read the sarcasm. She wanted to add the rolling eyes emoticon.

Vit was not confident if he could take that 'wow' as an appreciation. He decided to get on track without wasting time.

'I have a few questions about the documents you have prepared.'

'Go ahead'

'You do remember that if you were to divorce me, you would get 100 crores.'

'Is there a chance that you would let me forget the golden opportunity?' she responded in anger.

'So you still don't want to change the documents?'

'No I am fine with them the way they are. Remember I have signed them.'

'Maybe I will ask Chetan for more information about your plans.' He threw in the bait.

Rukma was enraged, 'What has Chetan got to do with this? Remember it is we who got married.'

'Thanks for the reminder and that is why I need to know what scheme you are pulling on me.'

'I am blocking you again!'

'Hehe, not this time. I am using special code. I can even access data on your phone now. When you responded to my message a hidden link was activated <evil smile>'

'This is invasion of privacy! I can take legal action against you! Legally this is not allowed!'

'Legally I am your husband!'

'Till you sign the papers <smile>.'

'What if I don't sign the papers? <teasing smile with tongue out>'

'Then you don't get to marry your princess born-with-golden-spoon.'

'Why, what will you do? Come and scream at my marriage that you are my wife? <evil smile>'

'I will file a case of bigamy and you will spend your honeymoon in jail. <evil smile>'

'Don't lawyer up on me like this!'

'I told you this marriage was all wrong. You won't understand two words of my discussion.'

'I am an MBA from Harvard.'

'I have taught many Harvard MBAs in the university.<evil smile>'

'And I feed them. They come and I order them around, you academics cannot provide them livelihood .<evil smile>'

'Agrhh, the sense of entitlement you business people have. As if the sky would fall on the ground without you guys. <angry emoji>'

'I would say we know our worth. It is called confidence. <smile emoticon>'

'Then I would wish you a confident good evening.'

Realizing that Rukma wanted to close the conversation, Vit smiled, whistled and typed, 'Sure, a confident good evening to  you too. I am meeting many start-ups tomorrow, they have asked for investments. You might need a confident afternoon tomorrow. <evil smile>'

'<one eyebrow up emoticon> I have a very bad equation with threats. Don't try them on me.'

<Thinking emoticon> (from Vit)

'You and your threats can go fly a kite. Good night!'

Vit sent the <heart emoticon> laughing heartily. Rukma's eyes popped out and she threw the phone on the bed.

Vit was still laughing at his phone when he heard muffled laughter noises from the corridor. He stepped out of his room to see the younger lot talking in hushed tones and laughing at something on their phone. He realized someone had recorded his very emotional responses to the phone while texting Rukma and surely he looked like a complete idiot.

Though it cost him a lot of persuasion of various 'kinds' to get the original video and stopping it from going viral. The biggest triumph he felt was  that it had not yet reached Param. He knew he would not have heard the end of it.

He was not sure why but he had a better mood through the evening. When the night came and the memories of Rukma in his arms in the morning came rushing.  The kiss and the feel of her skin was maddening. He was restless for a long time and it was only after scrolling through the chat couple of times and seeing his own stupid video that he was able to sleep.

While Rukma slept with the phone on the nightstand not wanting to look at the wretched discussion again, she had ensured she wore a very different night suit than she wore in the morning. Vit slept with the phone cradled in his arms, as if he was holding something precious....