Chapter 21 - Ignoring is not bliss!

After his 'encounter' with Chetan, Vit expected frantic or angry call from Rukma but none came. He decided to focus on work and a lot of it had been neglected because of his obsession with Rukma. By the time he was done for the day, it was almost midnight.

He sent a good night message to Rukma. There was no response.

Vit finished his night routine and hit the bed. Still no response from Rukma.

Vit was angry and tired and very irritated at being ignored. He decided he will wait for a response till morning and then take some action. He had fitful sleep, the anger at being ignored fighting with the memory of Rukma in his arms, her head on his shoulders and the feel of her skin......

There was no response in the morning and Vit's mood became worse. He sent a good morning message. No response till he freshened up and now he was furious.

Vit looked through the code to check if there was anything wrong with the message code or if Rukma had tried something to block it. He realized he needed outside help. He called up Param to tell him that he was busy and will be later for work. Param sounded surprised but he decided not to comment.

Vit was late for breakfast by the time he reached the main dining hall. Housekeeper and the staff were about to wrap up the spread and Vit forced some food down his throat. Food was not high on his mind. He asked around for Varun and was informed that the youngster would be in his den downstairs. 

Varun was busy on the gaming console when Vit found him. Vit was relieved that Varun was alone and none of the gang was around. He was conscious of his reserved, no-nonsense attitude that often resulted in an 'older uncle' vibe he would get from these youngsters.

'I am not getting any responses to my messages.'

Varun scratched his head and looked quizzically at Vit as if asking what is wrong with that? A lot of people don't respond to our messages.

Vit took a deep breath and said, 'I want to eliminate all technical issues before I question the no-response.'

Varun nodded his head as if he understood some of what Vit was talking about. He switched on the laptop and tracked down the code, asked Vit to connect the cellphone to the laptop. Vit stood over Varun to see what all checks he was running.

'Code is working fine.....errr....the connect is working fine to bypass the block.....messages are being delivered but not acknowledged by the network.......let me see....'

Vit felt slightly better, 'So it might be a technical issue.'

'Possibly, if you want I have another code that can help you get all the data currently on this phone. All you have to give me is the phone number.' Varun looked up to Vit's troubled expression. Vit was in no mood to share Rukma's number with any of these people. There was no telling what these guys will try to access.

'No, right now all I want to know is why messages are not delivered.'

Varun moved back to the screen, checked something and started laughing. Vit somehow controlled his irritation and asked, 'What happened?'

'Well it is simple, this cellphone has traveled to Czech Republic. So the telecom provider cannot deliver the messages.'

'Czech Republic!., Vit responded with a shock.

'Yeah this is what the current location shows.'

'Err ...are you sure? Can you tell me when it moved there?'

'As a matter of fact, it just landed there...who is this? If you give me the name I can track through airline roster.'

Rukma's name was something Vit was absolutely against sharing with these youngsters. The mix of concern for her privacy and his sense of possessiveness ensured that he would rather take a longer route for investigation.