The Proposal and Marriage Snippets

Author's Note- Presenting the last chapter :)

Please comment to share what you think. Your comments and votes will motivate me.

I could think of some marriage snippets, comment if you can think of more.

Enjoy!!

======================================================================

Chetan knocked at the study door gently. Rukma did not look up from her laptop and said 'Come in.' She thought it was Monoroma coming with the juice she had asked for. Chetan opened the door and Vit slipped in quietly.

'Monoma, keep it at that end of the desk, I will pick it up.'

'It is not Monoma, but me.' Vit decided to sit on the couch across from the desk.

Rukma looked up from the laptop in shock.

'I thought you had come to meet Chetan, he is not here.' She wanted to dismiss him.

'I have met him already and now want to talk to you.' Vit stated.

'I am busy with my paper...'

'What I want to talk about is important as well....' Vit persisted.

'I would rather be busy with something useful like this paper.' Rukma was adamant.

'Remember all you academics are all theory and no execution. I take care of lakhs of lives, something your papers cannot do!' Vit decided to press on.

'Maybe you should look up 'fieldwork' and 'research experiments' in the dictionary.' Rukma looked at him sarcastically.

'Was kissing me part of the 'fieldwork' or 'research.' Vit wanted her to start thinking of their honeymoon.

'When I kissed you in the forest that was 'irrational idiocy' but what you were doing last week was crossing the line!' Rukma decided to put him in his place.

'I usually don't behave like a love struck teenager on hormones!' Vit stood up from the couch and stepped nearer to the desk.

'Even if I were to believe you, so should I feel honored by this special consideration?' Rukma was getting angry.

'Yes and I do have special consideration for you. I keep thinking that your first time should be special.' He had planned to shock her. He was leaning on  the desk now.

Rukma's eyes popped out. 'What have you got to do with my first time?'

'Well as a husband, it is my duty to take care of you.' They were locked eye to eye.

'Wow, dear husband for how many days? Remember you signed something last week.' Rukma spoke sweetly.

'My dear wife, none of the documents have been submitted. I requested Yash to delay and Jai...has misplaced the documents.' He did not want to reveal the whole plan.

'Interesting, and what does your dear fiancee had to say for this? You know the one you were roaming around with at the wedding. ' She decided to remind him.

'She is no longer my fiancee. She is supposed to marry Mrinal.' Vit showed his ring less hand.

'So you have backed out of your engagement. Is it marriage or musical chairs for you?' She was angry.

'It is usually a business-social or political arrangements in most cases. We marry as per the family norms and expectations. The alliance has to bring some social or economic or political advantage. But, in my case as you know it is to be a love match.' Vit was smiling.