Chapter 42- Rotten Luck Marriage

Author's Note- firstly thanks for 4 k views. And as a measure of thanks, here is the weekly  chapter!

This one tries to capture the pain of love and the pleasure of friendship.

Please comment to share what you think. Thanks @Darasmi for the comments!

I will try to post a chapter every weekend. Your comments and votes will motivate me.

========================================================================

Aditi decided to catch Rukma right after university and they drove to the legal office. Aditi wanted to sit privately with Rukma to share the news that she has received the papers. Rukma could sense that something was afoot and remained silent most of the way. When they settled on the sofa, Aditi brought in the coffee she was sure Rukma would need.

'What is it Dits, spill it out now. I cannot take this tension anymore.' Rukma decided to ask directly.

'Well, I got the papers today. Yash had contacted me a few days back. And today they have sent the papers.' Aditi was looking straight Rukma.

'So that means...'

'They have accepted your conditions. All of them, I am guessing .....this is....' Aditi was holding Rukma's hands.

'...the end of my marriage....' Rukma was trying to look away.

But she just could not and she broke down. Aditi immediately hugged her and Rukma was crying on her shoulder.

'He told me in the first week itself....not to expect anything from this marriage....social, emotional ....or physical......I went ahead and kissed him!!.......What kind of a fool am I....Dits?' Rukma was speaking between the sobs.

'You are a nice, normal girl, Rook. In fact you are better than nice....' Aditi hugged her tightly.

'Then why does my marriage have to........end......I know it was a paper marriage....he promised nothing......but he kissed me....he did......as if he wanted me....as if he wanted...... and he behaved as if he cared for me.....' Rukma continued to cry.

'Its his ego Rook, I also know that he also cares for you......but let us look at it logically. As far as the implications of this marriage goes, importantly you guys did not go far...physically...he did not....he did not use you......' Aditi tried to console Rukma.

'Yes, he was a gentleman through and through.....he never touched me without my permission.....I mean he was so.........I always felt so safe with him....' Rukma was crying.

'I understand Rook, I know he is a nice guy. Arrogant and stupid but caring and nice....' Aditi tried to sympathize.

'Arrogant, definitely! He told me I was well beneath his stature to be ....his ...wife....Imagine I asked him for a wedding night.....and he tells me I am not fit to be his wife..... ' Rukma continued while sobbing.

'See Rook, nothing did happen between you guys! You did not go far....I mean the marriage never consummated.' Aditi was trying to be rational.

'Believe me Dits it would have happened in Prague, had he not made that rude comment.' Rukma was still blaming herself.

'Damn his ego Rook, don't blame yourself for any of this......see you are back to where you started off.....let him marry whatever kid he wants to marry. Believe me it is more of his loss than yours!' Aditi was sure her friend was worth more than what this guy was willing to put into the relationship.