Chapter 52- Odds Ends

It was another crisp morning when Vit decided to visit the Shandilya Niwas. He had practiced his proposal many times but given the way things had shaped up till now anything could happen. He had taken Chetan's number from Param and had messaged that he wanted to discuss something important. Chetan, Rukma and Navya were having breakfast together. 

Chetan: That fellow Vit will be here to meet me right after breakfast.

Rukma: Vit? What has he got to do with you?

Chetan: I don't know, he messaged to say that he wanted to discuss something urgent. 

Rukma: I think you have met him earlier as well.

Chetan: Yes I met him at the investor summit, and he was talking nonsense. 

Rukma: Great so I will leave you to enjoy nonsense with with him.  I have had enough craziness on my hands as it is. Dits wants me to deck up for a date with Rahul tomorrow. I want to finish the research paper now.

Rukma exits the dining area and heads to her room and then to the study. She overheard Navya mention Vit's engagement to Maira but did not think it significant in any way. Chetan had long back decided to let Rukma decide on her marriage etc., on her own. 

Navya: Yesterday my cousin messaged that she is no longer engaged to Vit and is likely to marry Mrinal. So you do not have to suffer him for my sake. 

Chetan: Great, so the gloves are off. I will tell him on his face to either be sensible or leave. 

After sometime Chetan moved to his workstation next to the dining area. There was a small living cum meeting area right next to it. He thought he would review the latest code till Vit comes and disturbs him. He was able to work for half an hour when the housekeeper informed that Vit was here. She also whispered that this was the exact guy Rukma di had beaten few weeks back near the gate. By the time the guard had realized what was happening di had come inside and he had disappeared in his car. Chetan wondered if Vit was interested in his sister and was happy that she had taken an appropriate action. 

He moved to the living area and sat on one of the big sofas waiting for Vit to join him. Vit was again dressed in jeans, a leather jacket and a bright T shirt with a Lioness on it. Chetan found it surprising but did not say anything. Vit sat across from Chetan and was looking around as if searching for someone. 

Chetan: Hi, you wanted to meet me 

Vit: Yes, I wanted to meet you (he was still thinking how to talk)

Chetan: Urgently? Is there something I can help you with?

Vit: Yes, I want to formalize our marriage (there I said it out loud!)

Chetan: Our marriage? (confusion written on his face, 

Vit: I mean my marriage (why is this fellow asking stupid questions?)

Chetan: There is something wrong here, you just broke your engagement, I mean Navya was saying that you are no longer engaged to Maira. 

Vit: Yes, I broke my engagement with Maira, but my marriage to.....one sec she has not informed you still? 

Chetan: Who has not told me what? Why does everyone ask me that question? (any more of this and he will get a punch from me this time)

Vit: That I and Rukma are legally married

Chetan: (his eyes almost popped out) What! Can you repeat that!

Vit: I and Rukma are legally married

Chetan: (eyes were still not back) She married you and you married her? As in married to each other?