Chapter 48- Status Report!

Yash reached uncle's office by evening. He kept the papers on the desk. Param was lounging on the sofa, looking into some other documents.

'So what is the news?' uncle asked looking at the papers.

'Well, we are going around in circles, we are where we were a few weeks back. The signed papers are now with Aditi.' Yash provided a summary.

'So what did you guys do in such a long meeting, did you each lunch etc? I have heard the food is also good in that hotel.' Param was curious.

'Vit wanted Rukma to recount how they got married and what happened after that.' Yash answered and provided a brief of what he had heard.

'So he wants to track the goons involved? boss has asked me to tap into some of my police connections.' Param shared.

'They were married at gunpoint by these goons.' Yash explained.

'What happened after their marriage? Did they do something  romantic?' Param asked.

'No they did not, Vit read the Riot Act to her and rejected her.' Yash informed.

'Boss and his boring ways, I thought he would have melted for Rukma mam.' Param was disappointed.

'Not very boring, at the end of the meeting when Rukma had shared what all happened in that one month, I and Aditi were closing on documents, he kissed her!' Yash shared to the very shocked Param and uncle.

'Wow, that is unlike boss! This sounds juicy!' Param was smiling.

'Well she slapped him and walked out of the meeting. So that is the juice of it.' Yash was irritated with the confusion.

'Ouch, when will boss learn to talk to women! That is what I expected of mam if boss said anything stupid.' Param was sure.

'Vit was upset that Aditi was trying to match Rukma with one of her distant cousins.' Yash explained Vit's anger.

'So Vit is still interested in Rukma?' uncle asked with a smile surprising Yash.

'Are you smiling that Vit is interested in her?' Yash asked again.

'Well do you see the painting behind me?' uncle asked.

'Yes that is God Krishna and Rukmini.' Yash answered.

'In Maharashtra they are known as Vithoba- Rukmano.' uncle smiled and both Yash and Param jumped out of their chairs.

'But you said Vit was blessed to have a love match.'

'Hmm, yes he was. In fact his parents got him as a blessing from a sage near Pune. And so when he turned one they visited him again to thank the sage. The sage was very happy with them and he blessed Vit putting a hand on his head saying 'Vithoba Rukmano' three times. His parents and I believed that it meant that he will find a life partner the way Rukmini was for Krishna. Therefore the wait for all these years for him to fall in love. Every time he lined up someone, they tested god digger. I never expected this chance marriage to turn out this way, they have been blessed in the literal sense.' Uncle explained. Yash and Param were still open mouthed.

'So you are okay with his marriage to Rukma?' Yash was shocked.

'Yes, in fact I blessed her for the same today.' Uncle was smiling to himself. Param and Yash were trying to process the information.

'Uncle what other secrets are there that you are yet to tell us?' Param asked.

'Well that I have already asked Mrinal to make a stopover next week.' uncle was smiling from ear to ear.