Chapter 14 - Driving 'crazy'

Vit walked out of the house almost in a daze. Nobody ever slapped him! No one had kicked him out of the house the way Rukma had! He was embarrassed beyond words. He had never been in a situation like this. Even the thought of the kiss and intimacy was making his body react. He needed the cold shower to douse the passion, but he needed his hormones to quieten before he could open the phone and call the cab.

He knew the night would bring memories of her in his arms and his hands all over her body. And this time he knew more of her body than ever. He had some recollection of the time when they were alone in the forests and was aware of some of her body.Worst was that he knew of her reaction to him and the promise of what lay ahead if they had the privacy.

He was pushing away the thoughts of what might have happened if Rukma had not jumped off the couch. He had his share of girlfriends in youth and uncle's tests had cured him of his romantic notions. He was sure that he had not felt anything like this for the lady he was engaged to. This was definitely neither the time or place for getting intimate with someone like Rukma. She was the types to demand wedding vows before jumping into the bed. He was wondering if he was going crazy!

He was even more confused than he was in the morning when he had walked into this house. He had come to get information on who she was planning to marry and was now battling with his own emotions. He wanted to know why she was turning down the 100 crores he was offering. It might be a small amount for him but was a fortune for her.

He stood on the porch staring at nothing for what seemed a long time. He did not even notice the car parked on the other side of the road. Or even the tall, lanky guy waving at him.

Param was forced to call Vit on his phone to get his attention.

'Hey boss, which world are you in?'

'Param, today is Sunday and I am busy.'

'Busy, doing what boss?' Param asked smiling to himself, keeping an eye on Vit from across the road. Param was sure his usually uptight boss had gone crazy to be so lost to the world.

'Something personal.' Vit said tersely.

'Err boss then I should not disturb you on your morning walk.' Param was trying to control his laughter.

Vit jolted to realize that Param could see him and then spotted the car. 'Where are you? Can you see me?'

Param stepped out of the car and leaned on the bonnet crossing his legs. Vit cut the call and crossed the road.

'I don't see any female in the vicinity that you are trying to impress in so much style

'I don't see any female in the vicinity that you are trying to impress in so much style.' Vit found Param's leather jacket and black trousers very amusing.

'Ohh, uncle had called me to say we would be doing some investigation this morning. I geared up--black trousers, leather jacket and black aviator glasses. But when I reached the RR (Rajeva Residence, as Param called it RR in short) you had already left in the cab. Uncle gave me this address to look for you.' Param explained.