Chapter 15 - Hook, line and sinker!

Rukma was trying to feel the anger her morality was asking her to express. The shock and the daze had set in after Vit left. She slowly walked to her room. Morning for the rest of the house was still slow and she decided to collect her thoughts in the solitude of her room. She wanted to call up Dits but this was too early in the morning.

It was around the lunch table in the afternoon that Navya casually mentioned that there was a visitor early morning.

'Ohh, someone from University to meet Rukma di.' Chetan offered, looking at Rukma in case she wanted to say more.

'Lets talk about it after lunch, Chetan.' Rukma wanted to park this discussion.

When the lunch got over, Chetan and Rukma were sitting in the balcony overlooking the garden.

'Hey di (elder sister), I think you did a lot of work in the garden this morning.'

'Yes till Vit showed up.'

'He sounded very confused. He started off talking about the IPs we hold. He somehow knew of the ones in your name, I am not sure what he wanted to know because their business has nothing to do with them. I actually spent sometime checking it. ' Chetan was almost scratching his head.

'The guy is a thorough businessman.' Rukma opined.

'Yes and that is why I found it weird when he wanted to know who you were marrying! He is engaged to Maira, she is Navya's (Chetan's wife) distant cousin.'

'He does not know the meaning of word commitment though.' Rukma wanted to scream and shout.

'Did you see him out? He did not meet me when he left. I did not even see his car outside the house.'

Rukma stopped herself from screaming, 'Yes, I did see that he left. I did not see him to the gate. I thought he could find his way.'

'Sure, di. He is a very astute businessman. Be careful. Whatever he has in mind he will do anything to get it.' Internally Chetan was surprised that Rukma did not behave in her usual mannered self. On a normal day she would have seen the visitor off.

'There is a matter that should be closed and I will share with you when it is done.' Rukma was not ready to share what all had happened. Especially when she herself was not sure of the direction this mess was headed to.

'Yeah, we usually move in different circles so the chances of running into him again are low.'

'You are lucky bro.' Rukma said sarcastically making Chetan laugh.

'You should have seen my reaction when started asking about your marital status and wait for this (Chetan was trying to stop his laughter) ...He asked me what were my plans for marrying you off!!'

'Next time he says something like that, give him Dit's number.'

Chetan looked at his sister in surprise. Aditi was her friend who was one of the leading psychologists at the university.

'The guy needs a shrink!'

Chetan could not hold his laughter. His sister seemed irritated with this fellow, though that was not unusual but she was passionately angry with Vit.

'The guy must have touched some raw nerve of yours! I wish him luck!' Chetan said running away, not waiting his sister's response to his jest.

Rukma stared absently at the garden for sometime, reflecting on what Chetan had said. Vit had touched a lot more than just raw nerves and she was spoiling for a fight.