Chapter 39- Bombshell

Author's Note- firstly thanks for 3.6 k views. And here is the fortnightly chapter!

Vit danced with Rukma and now faces 2 different bombshells- 1 dropped by Param and another by Jayesh.

Please comment to share what you think :)

I will try to post a chapter every other weekend. Your comments and votes will motivate me.

========================================================================

In uncle's office relative peace prevailed, everyone was busy in their work, Vit was looking through papers in his hand mindlessly, uncle and Yash were discussing some other legal point when Param dropped the bomb.

'Boss why is Rukma mam asking me to thank you....for dropping her home last night?'

'I dropped her home last night because her friends had a family emergency.' Uncle and Yash stared at him aghast, to mollify them Vit continued, 'You know the Rathores- Jai Singh and Aditi Singh....Yash knows them....'

'Yes, I know the Rathores...they are close to this Rukma, in fact they are her official legal representatives....I will be sending these papers to them ahead of the meeting.'

Uncle was looking at him with both eyebrows still up. This was a shock.

'Exactly, so I was helping the Rathores ......' Vit was trying to cover up, this was worse feeling than a teenager caught red handed with a girlfriend.

'But why would they ask you for help? My friends had set up a desk and there were chauffeured cars that could have helped her.' Param was not happy with this line of discussion. He felt he had made enough arrangements.

'Well I was just coming out of the gardens and Aditi and Rukma were talking in the foyer and ....I offered to help....'

'I never thought I would be asking this question at your age, where were you Vit last night? Where did you sleep? You know that we called you many times and there was no response.' uncle was angry beyond words. He had never expected this behavior.

'I dropped her at her home around 12 and was back at RR by 12 30, you can check security cameras that I did not go anywhere else.' Vit was very hurt by this distrust.

'I do not want to go there, what I want you to think about is your marriage plans. You are engaged to be married in one of the esteemed families in India, I do not want a situation where they question your commitment and break the engagement. Or worse still, this gets leaked into media.....do you know the kind of damage this behavior can do?' uncle was not sure when was the last time he had lectured Vit. It must have been more than a decade.

Yash decided to intervene.'See Vit the papers in your hand say that there was no relationship between you and Rukma Shandilya. It was an unfortunate marriage that should be annulled. Therefore, if something happens between you two, these papers lose legal meaning and there would be a divorce.....'

'When is the lawyer meeting set?' uncle asked.

'Tentatively,Wednesday, this is assuming Vit agrees to sign these papers and gives them to me by tomorrow. I will send them along on Monday afternoon and the lawyer meet will happen on Wednesday. ' Yash answered.

'Also, there has been an invite from the Roychowdhurys for some family event next weekend. Yash make sure it goes smoothly. Have a session with Vit, coach him on what is expected.' uncle ruled. He was not in a mood to talk any further. He wanted this kid off his hands now!