Chapter 47 Flashback#4 The return

Author's Note- 4.4 k views and 200 votes calls for a Celebration!

The last of the Flashback chapters to continue with the revelations and also to bring them back to civilization!

Please comment to share what you think. Your comments and votes will motivate me.

======================================================================

I was working in the kitchen and taking care of things when I suddenly heard some sounds outside. I peeped out of the window and could make out the jeeps of the goons. I immediately hid in the hiding space in the false ceiling. They followed soon after and I remained for perhaps half a day, when heard no noise I finally came out and saw that they had left. I climbed the stairs to terrace to check the situation and found that two of the goons were there. I silently came down and was moving to the hiding place when they spotted me. They came after me and I ran outside. I hoped the Jeep was far and away. I ran in some direction and they followed me and after 15 minutes I was facing them.

Vit was watching her in rapt attention, and Aditi also asked Yash to join them back. they quietly joined in without making Rukma conscious.

I knew basics of fighting and when they attacked me I injured one of them. The other one also attacked and I was fighting, from somewhere two more joined and it became....tough for me. Some of my clothes were torn and they were leering at me. They tried to touch me inappropriately and I lashed at them. But it was a losing battle. I was getting tired and they were gaining, I had started to lose hope.

Aditi and Yash were listening closely and Vit was becoming increasingly angry, he had no idea about what she had gone through. He wanted to find and kill the goons.

I was fighting and they were...groping me....I was screaming and shouting on top of my voice ...not knowing how I would find help in this uninhabited place. Then...suddenly you jumped in with a stick and we both fought them together and we were able to defeat them. We were tired and my clothes were torn at places. You took off your shirt and covered me.

(Vit thought: sounds more like me, finally I did something sensible.)

You told me that down the road there was a tribal office you have seen where people were about and we should go there now asap. You asked me to hide behind some rocks and went back to the building to get my backpack and some of your stuff.

That evening itself we started to move towards that tribal welfare office. I was wearing your short and my backpack, you carried the heavy stick. We again slept on a tree and somehow I was thankful for it. Early morning we started our journey again and we could spot the office at a distance and that brought a spring in our step.

'When we reach, I may not reveal my real identity so keep that in mind.' You said.

'Okay, but I do not know your real name anyway.' I said.

'Let us say it is one of the names of God Krishna.'

'Wow, one of the names of a God with 108 names? Then I take the name of his wife- Rukmini.' I replied.

'We should meet again....after we reach civilization....'

'Yes we can be friends!' I was excited.

'And we have legally close this marriage as well.' You clarified.

Vit : So we reached and went to our homes, and I would like to take the offer of friendship.

Rukma looked at him for a full minute and Aditi held her hand. 'It was not as simple as that. A kilometer away from the office, we were attacked by the goons again and this time we were completely outnumbered. You used the stick, I used my hands but it was a losing battle. They  held me and hit you and you fell on the ground and then they started hitting you head. I could not bear it and started screaming at the top of my voice. They laughed at me but just then the forest patrol approached.