Chapter 49- Boring (?) P2 Marriage

Author's Note- 4.5k views and 205+ votes calls for a Celebration!

Let us see how the event of the year treats our key characters! We meet long due characters as well.

Please comment to share what you think. Your comments and votes will motivate me.

======================================================================

Priya and Paritosh's wedding was the event in town. Elite families were invited for the 3 day extravaganza. Priya was Maira and Navya's first cousin so Rukma's presence was a foregone conclusion. Jai was related to Paritosh's father by business- legal ties. Vit and family were expected to attend as part of strengthening the alliance with the family. 

While Aditi, Rukma and Navya attended the pre-wedding festivities, Vit was not in a mood to attend. Somehow he dragged himself to the wedding thinking of spending sometime with his cousin Mrinal who would be joining directly. Meeting his fiancée Maira after so many months was not something he looked forward to. His mind was still on Rukma and what had happened almost a year back. The feel of her lips was still fresh on his mind. 

Yash had briefed Vit on his fiancée and her interests in clothing industry. He may or may not discuss the eventual marriage date, that can be decided by the elders in the family. No monetary or any other expectations are to be discussed either. Small gift, within a budget were allowed to be exchanged, he could accept from Maira. He was given an option between pieces of jewelry and personal items to carry as gifts for her. He picked a small bracelet that looked sparkly enough. He decided to wear Indian ethnic again and kept the box in his kurta pocket

When Vit entered the main hall, he could see uncle sitting with other elders deep in discussion. He greeted all of them and exchanged pleasantries. When he turned he saw Mrinal, his cousin standing in one of the corners talking to a lady in her mid-20s who looked somehow familiar. She was dressed well in beautiful yellow dress. He waved a 'Hi' but decided to hang on for a few minutes till they finished talking as they seemed to be having a very animated conversation. Finally Mrinal noticed him and signaled him to join them.

'Hey bro!' Mrinal said hugging Vit

'How have you been, last year when you visited I had to go fight fires in Europe.' Vit said. 

'I have been good, and so have been others, let me introduce you to my friend - Maira Ray. She was my junior in college and I had not expected to run into her.' Mrinal said introducing the lady next to him. .

And then it struck Vit, the name rang a bell, this was the lady he was engaged to! The eyes were all wrong, the body shape etc. was not at all he wanted! Then he realized he was comparing her with Rukma!!

'I think we have met already....' he said. 

'Well we are actually engaged Mrinal.' Maira explained.