Chapter 45- Flashback #2 The Honeymoon

Author's Note- firstly thanks for 4.2k views.

The Flashback chapters continue into The honeymoon or the lack of it!

Please comment to share what you think. Your comments and votes will motivate me.

======================================================================

Rukma again turned to the window to resume the story but paused when Aditi offered her a glass of water. She took a sip and smiled at her friend. Even Yash could feel Rukma's pain and the bond Aditi and Rukma had. Vit was jealous of the bond between the friends but he right now was more concerned about the goons and in case they harmed Rukma in anyway. He was eager to listen to the rest of the story.

Aditi and Rukma held hands and Rukma spoke again. ( Vit thought he should be the one holding Rukma's hands...nah he wanted to hold her......God save me!!)

'We climbed the hill till midday and we were tired. We stopped at a clearing that offered a view of the mansion but we were hidden. We rested on rocks and could see the smoke rising from the mansion, it all looked black. Some of the cars were also burnt. I had little water left in the bottle, I offered you but you refused. I had some and then you asked for some reluctantly.

'They are not coming after us, I think.' I said, not knowing what language you spoke.

'Well, they have you after all to accompany me.' You answered in Hindi so I knew we could drop the sign language we had been using till then.

'So you think that I am a part of their gang!' I was shocked.

'You have a backpack and that means you must have a phone. You have not even looked at that! How do I trust you?'. You glared at me.

'Then don't. Normal phones do not work here, and the satellite phone that I have has run out of battery. But by the way this is the first fight of our marriage.' I answered.

'I do not agree with this marriage or that it has any standing legally or socially.' You were vehement.

'Hmm yeah I agree, the chances of us dying are 90% so I agree this marriage has no meaning. But you can be happy that you died married.'

'Was that your dream - to be married to me?' you asked.

'Just who do you think you are?' I was angry and curious.

'Let us say I am a great catch- old family, successful businessman and good looking to boot!'

'Ahem and arrogant to the toes.'

'Believe me I have a reason to justify arrogance. If you were to meet someone of my stature they would not give you time of day.'

'Well, firstly I did not request to meet you...second I just saved your life.....so anyone with manners would have said a few words of thanks.' I chided you.

'I stand corrected. Thanks for saving my life.' He lost the first fight.

'The correct answer would have been Daniel Craig...if I was to be happy to be married to you.'

'And you are Rachel Weiz?'

'I don't mind....fits my looks.' (smilingly)

'And I look like Daniel Craig?' you asked.

'I never said that! But yes you can try.'

We stared at each other and tried to make sense of where we were and which way to go. I suggested and  you took off the heavy grooms overcoat (sherwani) because there would be too much heat in the afternoon. We continued to trek to the top of the hill to get as far away from the goons as possible and also to understand where we were. I knew we were 1 hour Jeep drive away from my room- but no clue - in which direction! We spent the night at the mouth of a cave and decided to put away our wedding outfits in a corner before starting again.