First Love / Late Spring -1

Heeseung went out of his house tonight. The sky had turned a deep blue nightmarish colour. This deep blue monotone some while dots have broken.

The stars were tiny this summer. Last time they were shiny and a faint sky blue line. It was the galaxy. Last night there were many shooting stars. Heeseung would sit on the booth and gaze at sky and the sea. He watched all the starts falling and remembered how when he was kid he thought that if he was lucky enough he could catch a star and keep it in his room.

His last wish on a shooting star was somehow romantic. He wished to find his other half.

Not in a soulmate way. He doesn't believe in these things.

True love... What is it? Thousands of songs, poems and books were written on the name of love and he still hadn't figured it out. But it's ok he is convinced that he'll die alone.

In his teenage years when he was thinking of his lack of romantic feelings and dating history he felt desperate with the idea of dying in a small house and nobody will be with him next to his deathbed, although he wasn't a fan of families or sexual intimacy in general.

He was always an outsider of his own life. He never was there for his friends in the parties and he had no lovers or best friends, dedicated to his unspoken vow to loneliness. His parents only cared about his grades so he was a good student, never noticing his alienation from other people.

He could remember his teen self studying most of the time or writting and reading. He really liked to write stories about romance with the two protagonists walking towards sunset and shyly link their hands. He felt weird chills whenever he witnessed them through books, having a bitter emptiness snaking in him once he was alone with his thoughts.

During these years he learned to accept his loneliness and live with it. But sometimes, lately these days, it's like it knocks his door and makes him regret.

He wanted to experience all the love but he was afraid of this romantic feeling, The sweet yet slightly bitter chocolate the aftertaste of it is always the same like saddest movies and Heeseung is afraid that it is going to break him.

"... And I was so young, when I behaved Twenty five
Yet now I find I've grown into a tall child
And I don't wanna go home yet
Let me walk to the top of the big night sky ...."

His favourite song could be heard by the old radio as he took a sip of red wine and hummed the next of the song gazing at the ocean. Some loud laughs were heard by the restaurants around there.

High pitched girly giggles accompanied with a loud breathing, maybe a male one. After that a loud slam on the wall and then gasps and saliva sounds.

Heeseung nose scratched as he listened to the strangers making out in such a romantic night. Disgusting. He went in and left his wine glass on the table as the whole situation was really ruined. Now the radio was playing another song that made Heeseung's ear bleed. The wine suddenly had a tangy taste.

How good it could be if a beautiful song would play on the radio and him and his partner would dance around under the nightlight. How nice.

He left out of his house and crossed the road. He wanted to sit on the booth next to the sea. As he walked he saw a figure sitting there. They had slightly long hair and it was blonde with its roots giving away their natural hair colour, brown. He knew that person. They were sitting on the booth for hours every night when the darkness would cover the sky for the last ten days now

Heeseung hesitated, he wanted to be alone and read his literature book under the street light, feeling suffocating in his own house. But now there was another person and it could be really awkward the silence between them.

He stood in the middle of the street but he quickly went to the other side because a car was passing by.

He awkwardly sat on the left of the booth as he was trying not to look at the person. But after this his curiosity made him take a peek. The stranger was paint-like and he looked like a fairy tale, like these conventionally attractive strangers in the grocery store. Heeseung didn't peek at this point, he was straight up staring. They had a really pale face for a weird reason that it could be almost grey but maybe it's the lighting. Their side profile was amazing and their angular eyes were captivating. They were gazing at the sea and Heeseung craved to be seen by them. He didn't want to make the first move but he had to. He was so lonely.

"Hey what are you looking at?" he asked in a sweet tone trying to scare off the other.

The stranger didn't answer to him.

"Can you please tell me your name?" Heeseung asked again in a softer aching voice. He needed someone to talk to.

"Ni-ki" the boyish voice pronounced clearly and proudly the two syllables with his eyes still stuck on the view.

Ni-ki...interesting name.