Everybody likes you -17

!tw! mentions of addiction, depression, suicide.
(ps. on the following chapter, I don't mean that suicide thoughts can be completely erased by a person but they can get reduced if it's not on a severe level or the patient is kept distracted from them. I, a person who's struggling with this problem, have no intentions to offend, invalidate or misrepresent anyone who has similar issues/ experience.)

...

"Jungwon, it's so fucking hot!" Ni-ki whispered and wiped off sweat of his forehead. They were writing an essay and Ni-ki's desk was besides the window letting the scorching sunbeams radiate on the boy's right side of his torso.

"Riki I'm trying to find the right metaphor, stop whining like a bitch!" his best friend answered frustrated since he didn't understand this kind of things.

"Won, I can't concentrate it's too hot." Ni-ki mumbled and scoffed, throwing his head back and taking big breaths, something that his other classmates found hotter than the weather.

Suddenly the door opened, revealing the headmaster's secretary. All the students immediately got up and bowed, waiting for her allowance to sit. Once she nodded and everyone was back on their seats, she called out a name. "Nishimura Riki."

Everyone's heads turned to him as he got up again waiting for the request. "Excuse me?" he said.

"Come with me to the teacher's office." Ni-ki silently went towards the exit and followed the middle-aged woman with his head hanging low.

Once they were there, the teacher that was responsible of the class and taught mandarin and geography, mr. Xu came in hurry and took the boy's hand in his as he shook it enthusiastically.

"Nishimura, such a well-mannered, dedicated student. I always knew that you would succeed." he complimented with his bright smile.

"What do you mean, mister?" the last-year questioned confused.

"I mean, both of the schools that you applied to accepted you." Xu answered and rubbed Ni-ki's shoulder excitedly. "Aren't you happy, Nishimura?" he asked concerned once he noticed that the boy's expression hasn't changed the slightest.

"N-No, I truly am. Thank so much mr. Xu for your kindness and patience that led to my success, you can't imagine how grateful I am." Ni-ki immediately changed his unbothered, tired face into a happy, innocent one.

He was low-key glad that he didn't have to be anxious that he'll fail classes or how to find the daily motivation to be on the top of the students' ranking but still the fact that now he'll have to study about a job that he doesn't like and face the real life was a big struggle.

"So the summer's ending, are you going to study in autumn or you'll postpone it for later?"

"Probably in autumn..."

"Again, I'm really glad for you Nishimura, now you can go back to your class."

...

"So now you'll go to this big ass uni?" Jungwon screamed in the bus, it was now afternoon and they were in their way home. Ni-ki's birthday were coming in three days and he looked low after the Heeseung in the bar incident. "What about your brother, Riki?" he whined.

"Won shut the fuck up." Ni-ki scoffed and rolled his eyes, clearly annoyed.He had other worries clouding in his head right now and he didn't need the sorrow thought that he will leave his best friend behind.

"So which university are you gonna pick, Riki-san?"

"I'll think about it..."

It is possible to go to study in Kyungpook National University or Okayama University. The first which is the korean school is located in Daegu Metropolitan City and its ranking of the top universities in Asia is #143. On the other hand, the japanese school which is also located in his hometown, Okayama is ranked #109. Of course it's a noticeable difference, including the fact that he chose the Kyungpook uni as a backup plan in case his first apply won't be accepted. Now he could finally go back to his country, meet his parents again after 3 years. He will see again his beloved mother and father and be the family's pride since he managed to enter in such a high-class school.