Best friend -8

"...That's the worst part of being emotionally depended on someone. They might be the reason you get out of the bed but when they are not with you the feeling of despair and a sudden loss of motivation overwhelms you. Suddenly you don't wanna go where you would meet if they were still here, although your friends wait for you. Everything is black and white yet deep inside it feels gray. An ugly pathetic shade of gray covers my heart. A dull cry for attention.."

...

Ni-ki has definitely changed. The bench now was full with people around and most of them with their blue academy uniforms. Everyone looked so young, girls with smooth skin and blood red lips with a faint blush on their cheeks and high ponytails. The boys were tall and slim or some of them masculine with their well-built structures standing proudly as the most of them created love bounds with their female classmates. These guys handsome with charming faces each one of them fascinating and unique, cheerful and bright. Ni-ki stood out though.

Maybe it was in Heeseung's eyes but he was indeed different. He was the tallest amongst all of the kids there and his features were giving away his mature and serious nature. Maybe the older had missed or that was the truth because Ni-ki although had never expressed happiness with any form when they were together but the older could still guess that the boy had the icy stare that was clearly stating the fact the younger was bored or in the worst case annoyed. But still Heeseung could've been making excuses to feel special. That wasn't unnatural because deep inside he wanted someone. Someone to care about him and worry when he's alone or sad, someone to feel sick whenever Heeseung is not with them. A classic tactic for the young author to feel wanted and precious.

He would still be glad if at least somebody was sacrificing their sleep just to dream about him. He wanted to be someone's favourite. The one that makes someone's day, the one that a person thinks about when they lie awake. He wants to be somebody's number one.

But he was never that appealing anyway. And he acknowledged that. And now his only friend has other friends too.

Heeseung knew that the feeling of possessiveness was definitely wrong. He had no right to control a 17 year-old's life and he knew he couldn't do anything even if he attempted it.

Yet he still felt the void inside him growing bigger and bigger without anyone around. He just needed some company and the right one was his one and only fairy. Ni-ki.

He was feeling melancholic that the younger had just forgot about him. Ni-ki was like the sun shiny and beautiful, he has never seem the night sky. But Heeseung is not the moon, he's not even a star but still in the dark of his own doubt. Of course he was just a tool for Ni-ki to use him for his own good time that lasted shortly anyways. But still why him, a stranger that found him next to the sea?

He entered in his house wearily. He knew that Ni-ki had that weird super-vision so he didn't wanna be labeled as a 'creep' again. If Ni-ki ever bothered to talk to him anyways.

Heeseung had decided not to do the first move and that's how days pass.

21 days, 14 hours and some minutes...

That's exactly the days that passed since they bot talked. After the 7th day Heeseung didn't even bother to go outside and check on his fairy. Because his fairy was gone.

He was so mad at himself. His nihilistic ideals should not let him express the fact that he got close with someone. Maybe it was all this solitude... and Ni-ki's eyes, maybe he was just a cheap replacement. It hurt but he would do this again. The days that he spent with the quirky, tsundere boy.

...

"Ni-ki mate, you look kinda off the last days, is everything good?" Jake asked.