Chapter 8

Y/N POV

I was chilling under the tree in the garden with Issey. The two of us were talking and joking around when 4 different voices called out "ANEKI! ANIKI!" The two of us turned to the source of the voice to see Yua, Kane, Kiyoshi and Akira running towards us.

(Authors Note: This is what Akira looks like obviously minus the bandages)

"Hello you four" chuckled Issey as the four tackled us in a hug. "HI!" exclaimed the four whilst smiling brightly at us. "What is it that you need?" I asked as I ruffled Akira's hair with Yua sitting on my lap. "We just wanted to see Aneki and Aniki" responded Kane whilst sitting himself down in between me and Issey. "Also I wanted to ask if you were Okay Aneki? I heard what happened to you" asked a concerned Kioyshi from Issey's lap. "Yeah are you okay Aneki?" asked Akira and Yua. "Are you sure your all right Hana?" Joined Issey. "I am fine don't worry" I smiled "I can't call myself your guys Aneki if I am not strong enough to protect you guys and myself now can I". Kane stood up and looked at me with a wide smile "I will grow big and strong so I can protect Aneki" "Me too" Exclaimed Kiyoshi and Akira. "I-I also want be strong just like Aneki" stated Yua. I looked at the four determined kids in awe as I felt tears pricking my eyes.

"You guys" I sniffled as I wiped my tears. "Why are you crying Hana" panicked Issey. "Huh!/ Aneki is crying" exclaimed The four kids. "No. These are tears of joy." I reassured whilst wiping away the remaining stray tears. Once I finally calmed down, it turned to look at the kids with a warm smile. I brought the four kids into hug and whispered "I look forward for the day you guys grow up and become strong individuals". I pulled out of the hug and ruffled Kiyoshi's red hair.

After spending some time with the kids, they left to go and do their chores. Leaving me and Issey still under the tree. "Those kids are really strong" randomly blurted Issey, not taking is gaze off from the blue sky. "What do you mean?" "Those kids only ended up here because they were either abandoned or they had no choice left but to run away from home" Issey explained as he turned to face me. "I get what you mean. Those kids been through a lot yet they act as if none of it happened." "They might not know it but to us they are already strong for enduring years of abuse" softly spoke Issey. "Issey" I called "Hmm" "I was wondering if you could tell me more about those four. Specifically how they ended up here" I hesitantly asked.

"Of course you don't have to" I rambled but I was quickly cut off by Issey saying "Sure" " Huh" "I should tell you anyways as the kids have already seemed to take a huge liking to you" I stayed quiet and waited for him to start. Issey took a deep breath before starting "Yua had a normal and happy family until her dad came home one day completely drunk and with another women. After that her parents were always arguing and throwing things at each other. The only one who helped Yua was her older sister. For 2 years her dad came home complete wasted and take out his anger out on his own family. One day he came home extremely angry and ended up killing Yua's mum and older sister right in front his youngest daughter whom was only 6 years old. The neighbours heard the screams and called the police. When they arrived her dad was arrested and Yua was brought to the Orphanage. Kiyoshi ever since he was younger always tried to get the attention and affection of his parents but they just ignored their own son as if he never exist. Many times forgetting to feed him and starving him for days on end. However Kiyoshi thought this was the life of all other kids, and never complained. One day his parents told they were talking him to mall and let him buy what ever he wanted. Of course Kiyoshi was excited for many reasons. One because he finally got the attention of his parents, second he was allowed to go outside and third he was allowed to buy something for himself as growing up the toys he had were broken ones found in dumpsters of empty glass bottles of alcohol. When the family arrived at the mall Kiyoshi got excited he ran over to the toys store. but when he turned around to find his parents they were no where to be found. Eventually the security guard found him crying in corner. They opened his backpack they found a note explaining they no longer wanted him. The security called child serveries and they brought him here. Kane was abused by his mum only because his eyes reminded her of her ex boyfriend that was caught cheating when she was 6 months pregnant. School wasn't any better either The kids bullied him a lot for his red eyes and that he had no dad. At the age of 7 Kane had enough of the bullshit he had to endure so he ran away. I found him sleeping on a park bench. I woke him up and asked where his parents are. All he he said was that he has no parents. I bought him some food to eat and took him back to the orphange to shower and get into some new clothes. I asked Riku if he could stay and she agreed. Akira was a product of Incest. Both of his parents were siblings and when he was born he was hated by his whole family even though it wasn't his fault. Eventually his parents could no longer take it and ran away leaving their son in that hell hole. The family got even more pissed and started to take it out on the poor kid. School was no better. The kids constantly bullied him and the teacher did nothing about it. Riku found him crying in the corner of the park and brought him here. She treated his bruises and fed him some food. Eventually Akira opened up to her and explained his situation. Not wanting to take him back home Riku kept him here."