Chapter 26

"Uncle Kaito and Uncle Haruka!/ Akuma and Kuragari! / Hana and Akihito!" exclaimed the four of us in sync.

"It seems like this evening is going to get interesting" chuckled Daisuke whilst taking a sip of his wine.

A defaming silence fell in the room as me and Akihito stared at the two equally surprised males in front of us. Daisuke, Hito's dad, remained in his seat taking a sip of his wine whilst his hazel eyes moved back and forth between us. Neither of us said anything, despite all the questions clawing up my throat I remained silent. Still processing the new profound information. My teacher and his brother, same two people who gave me another chance at life. The ones who treated me as if I were their open daughter are the Uncles of my best friend who is basically like my own brother.

Thought I can't be mad at the two of them, the black ring is a highly secretive community. Anyone barely knows anything about each other outside the ring no matter how close you maybe. Then the sound of someone clearing their throats was heard, drawing all our attention towards the source. Daisuke.

"I believe there is a lot that must be discussed so why don't we sit down before getting started" suggested the ball a hired male in a oddly sweet tone. His elbows propped onto the table, his finger intertwined and his chin resting on top of it. Me and Hito turned to look at each other a second before moving to sit down at the table.

Hito's dad sitting at the head of the table, Akuma and Kuragari siting on his right. Whilst Hito and I sat on his left, the awkward atmosphere only intensifying. "So, Akihito. Is this the girlfriend I have been hearing about?" Asked Daisuke, being the first one to speak. "U-uh yes, she is. Thi-" before Akihito got the chance to go finish introducing me, a loud bang echoed through e room.

Starling all of us, l looked up and saw it was Akuma. The palm of his hand flat against the table, where he slammed it. "The two of you are dating! Hana tell me this is some sick joke or lord help me I'll-" before he could finish his threat he was interrupted by Daisuke. "Or else what Hm? You wouldn't dare to think of hurting my son now Kaito, would you." Taunted Daisuke, though his tone being very much stern and serious. Proving a silent threat to the other male.

Akuma or Kaito whatever his name is, clicked his younger before slumping back in his seat. His twin brother already placing a hand on his shoulder. Trying to calm him down. "Hana was it?" Asked Daisuke his gaze now fixated on me. "Yes sir" I gulped. "What is your real relationship with my son and how do you know my brother?" Interrogated the black haired male. His eyes turning until slits as his hazel eyes never once leaving me.

I felt my hands began to get clammy, the nerves catching up on me. What am I meant to do? Lie? Tell the truth? Run? Clenching my hands into fists, I began to weigh out my options in my head. All of there gazes on me as they waited if me answer. Then I felt a familiar cold hand on my one. Looking beside me I saw it was Hito. Squeezing my balling hands with a reassuring smile on his face. From that alone I knew what I had to do.

"To be rather blunt with you sir, I am only a long time friend of Hito. We've known each other since we were kids. As for your brother, I'm not sure if your aware of his line of work. But I am his student and him my teacher" I brief in a polite and confident manner. "So why did my son lie to me about having a girlfriend?" Asked Daisuke

"Dad I-" I cut Hito off answering his dads question instead "That is my fault sir, I had asked Hito to keep my existence a secret due to my current situation" I explained, trying my best to keep my head high. I am usually not scared of people, but I am afraid of Mr Daisuke. Mainly due to the fact that this man could very easily set ruin to my plans with just a simple click of his fingers. That's how much power this man holds and quite frankly it's scary.