charter 3

I woke to the pounding sound on my front door. I sat up and rubbed my eyes and looked over at the alarm clock on my nightstand. Really? Someone is pounding on my door at 2 am? Its probably just my sister or Carter so im not going to answer it. I laid back down and put my head under the blanket and tried to go back to sleep but the pounding kept going. After 5 minutes of it I got tired of it and got up and walked to the front door. I looked out the peephole but I saw no one. I took a step back and began to walk back to bed when the pounding started again. I spun around and walked to the door and opened it and looked around. No one. I took a step out of my apartment and turned to the right and began to walk forward.

In a quick motion someone grabbed me by the waisted and something went over my face covering my view. I tried to get away but the person was much bigger than me. I did end up digging my nails Into his arms but as soon as I did something went over my mouth and I lost consciousness.

----
When I woke up I was on a cold cement floor. My hands were tied behind my back and there was tape over my mouth. There was something over my face too and I was on my stomach. I sat up onto my knees and looked around even though I couldnt see. I heard a door open and people walking inside. Someone walked to me and ripped the bag off of my head. The man bent down and moved the hair from my face and with a swift motion he ripped the tape off of my mouth. I tried to move away from his hand but he grabbed my face and made me look up at him. He was tall with dark brown hair and brown eyes. He wore a black long sleeved but he had rolled up his sleeves and it showed his tattoos that ran up and down his arms.

"Do you know who I am?" He asked with a British accent.

"No." He smiled at my answer.

"Perfect. You will once were done." He said and let go of my face and stood back up. I looked around to see a bunch of men all in black standing by the walls.

"What scared of a girl? Is that why you need so many people in here?" I asked with smugness. His smile got wider.

"Darling, if anything they are here for you."

"What is that supposed to mean?" I asked but he didnt answer. Instead he looked up and snapped his fingers and all the men that lined the walls walked out and shut the door behind them.

"Time to get to business. Your going to take the case." He said and his smile dropped.

"How many fucking people know about that stupid fucking case? I'm not taking a case for a messed up piece of shit who has all of daddy's money."

"Okay I'll give you two options, take the case or I'll kill you and your sister."

"Yeah whatever." I said while rolling my eyes. He bent down and grabbed me by the throat and made me stand while holding tightly on my throat.

"Take the damn case or I will kill you and your sister. I'm not messing with you and I will not ask again."

"Fine I'll take the case!" And with my words he let go of my neck and I fell down to the hard, cold cement floor.

"Good. Now dont go thinking that you can lose the case and still go on, you must win the case or else-"

"Or else what? Your going to kill me? You already said that threat."

"No ill kill your only friend, Jeremy is it?"

"Go fuck yourself! You cant be on your fucking high horse and threatened people I love."

"Your right beautiful! How about Jeremy's husband? You dont love him."

"Go fuck yourself. I'll take the fucking case."

"Good. You may not know who I am but I know who you are. You graduated top of your class and held a very high GPA. You adopted your sister Ashley when you were 18 and she was 14 and you gave her so much more than you ever had when you were her age. You adopted her because both of your parents died tragically by a house fire and no other family could take you in. Even with raising a teenage while in school you still managed to be on top of everything you did. You worked every single day even though your parents left you both a very large amount of money considering your mother was surgeon and your father was another great lawyer who was well know. Just like you now."

"Are you getting to a point or not? Okay big deal you know at lot about me, all you had to do was look me up on Google to get all of that."

"Oh I know a lot more than Google does about you. I know that your sister is a piece of work for sure but I know that from experience. I know that your long time boyfriend of 3 years but you just broke things off because he slept with your sister. I know that you live in one of the most expensive apartments in New York. I even know the name of your childhood dog."

"Okay cool. You know alot about me, big deal."

"You have a mouth on you, your lucky I can be patient but dont walk on the line or you'll fall."

"Why do you want me to take this stupid case anyways?"

"Because I surely dont want to go to prison."

"How would you go-" I started but then it clicked. "Your Lorenzo Zade, arent you?"

"Indeed, beautiful, I am."

"Will you ever take responsibility for what you do?"

"No. Not if I can help it." He said with a grin.

"Because of people like you, other people, innocent people, die."

"And how is that my fault, love?"

"Dont act like you dont know. I've worked with people like you, selfish and self entitled."

"Your walking on a very thin line there beautiful."

"How does it feel to hurt innocent people just because your a dick? I mean trust me we arent perfect and we do hurt people who dont deserve it but you do that on a daily."

"Dont act like your so much better than me."

"I am better than you. Now take me home."

"Bossy are we now?"

"If you want me to take your case and to do good to let you walk free I need my sleep in my own bed."

"Mmm." He took a step closer to me and took out a knife. My breath hitched but he didnt seem bothered. He spun me around and one of his hands when to my waist and the other went to my hands that were still tied and he cut the ties but his hand lingered for a second before he dropped his hands down and began to walking. I quickly fell into step behind him and followed him out. The men lined the outside of the building which appeared to be a warehouse but it was still dark and I couldnt see.

"Get in the car." He said and pointed to a car and I did as he asked. I watched out the window as he talked to one of the men. Once he was done talking the man nodded and walked to the car and got inside next to me. And turned the car on.

"Who are you?"

"I'm Beau, miss."

"Why would you work for a man like that? " he looked over at me and in the dim lights from the sun rising I saw a small smile. He turned back to look at the dirt road and he began to drive.