chapter 36

Enzo's pov*

I needed to be able to keep my eyes on her but I cant leave here or a lot of people would be angry, so I did something that will make sure shes safe and that I can keep an eye on her. My first thought was cameras but that's very invasive and even with that I can help her or do anything from all the way over here. So next best thing, I sent someone to watch her, help her, and do what ever she wants him to do, other than anything sexual. My best man, Beau, is the one who I sent. I know Nora has taken a liking to him and he was willing so for a lot of cash he'll do it.

I didnt tell her of course even though I could have. I wanted it to be more of a surprise just like the money. Beau will live in the apartment next to her. He'll be my eyes and ears and keep her safe. Nora may not know it yet but shes not exactly in a safe environment. People are looking for her, another reason why I couldn't go with her. I'd draw to much attention to her. Apparently she made someone  very mad and they are looking for her. Her sister is gone and so is Carter and I dont know if they have been talking buy I cant seem to find them. It's as if they dropped from existence. It's a lot easier to find a dead body than a living one apparently. I should have killed them both.

But with Nora in another country shes a lot safer than being her with me. I cant protect her. Not fully. But by removing her from this I'm keeping her safe and by sending Beau I'm keeping her even more safe. And the little added bonus is that if one of my men are with her she wont be able to forget me.

Right now shes on a jet with him to Italy. I know this because Beau was assigned to tell me every single thing that's going on and also Maria sent me a text about how shes gone. I wanted to go and see her but it felt wrong. She doesnt belong in my world just like I dont belong in hers. I knew that if I saw her today then I wouldn't be able to leave her. So instead I'm sitting at the empty bar I own and drinking alone.

I hate this feeling, this feeling of lost and misery. I am truly already miserable without her and I saw her just last night. She may not be with me but at least she alive. Shes going to live her life and shes going to grow old and get married and maybe have kids. Shes going to do all this without me. I wont be able to move on from her. I already tried to get in bed with someone else but I didn't work.

I had picked this girl from the bar last night, she took me home but I couldnt even kiss her. Every time I looked at her I saw Nora, it could have been the alcohol but it wasn't getting me anywhere. All she had to do was take off her shirt and I felt sick to my stomach. I left her there with her shirt off. I ended up throwing up outside her house and having someone pick me up. The girl wasnt my Nora so she wasn't going to work.

I dont want to move one anyways. I dont want to even try to forget everything me and Nora went through. I love her and shes the only one I love. She was my first and my last love.

"I've always love a man drowning his sorrows." Said a familiar voice. I looked up hoping that it was somehow Nora, I was very disappointed when it wasn't.

"What the hell do you want, Ashley?" I asked in disgust.

"You know what I want, it's the same thing I wanted the last time. I want you, baby." She said got down in front of me. She ran her hands up my thighs.

"Well too bad, I dont want you." I said and went to move but what she said next stopped me.

"What has Nora not rejected you enough? She doesnt want you, baby." She said still running her hands up my legs. I set my drink down and grabbed her hands tightly. I pulled her to make her stand as I did.

"Are you such a big of a whore to not realize when someone doesnt want you? Or are you too controlled by what's between your legs?" I pushed her hands away from mine and took a step back from her. She looked hurt and I couldnt help but feel happy that she was but I didnt show it. "Listen Ashley, you may be popular in your home town and you might have everyone else wrapped around your fucking fingers but I dont fucking want you! I dont like you, I don't want to be with you, I dont even want to be near you. Hell you just touching me could give me a fucking STD. How about you take you baby daddy and your baby out of my city, I dont want to see or hear from you. If I see you in my city, I will kill you and dont think I wont just because your pregnant or because your Nora's sister. You both have until tonight before I come looking and so help me god if I find you your done for. Now get the hell out of my bar!" I yelled and I watched as she cringed. She gave me one last glance as she walked out of my bar without a word.

It seems as If I keep making empty threats, I keep letting them get away with shit but that was for Nora's sake. I'm done letting things slide.

I went back to drinking and a few hours pasted when someone else came into my bar. Without looking up I said,

"Ashley, I swear to-" I was cut off by a female voice.

"I sure hope your not fucking around with her, Lorenzo." I looked up to the smiling woman in front of me.

"Mazikeen? What are you doing here?" I asked and stood up. She pulled me into a quick hug and she had her hands on my shoulders once I pulled away from the hug.

"I came to visit you." She let her hands drop and she sat down and poured herself a glass of whiskey. "I heard you already fucked up your relationship. You know if you were going to screw your lawyer at least but quiet about it. I cant look at a single fucking newspaper without seeing your face in it." She picked up her drink and and downed the brown liquid and then poured herself another while continuing. "Also what kind of idiot brings a lawyer to a fucking meeting full of criminals? Your one stupid mother fucker, Lorenzo. Did you know she told me her name was Lilith? I wouldn't even think to look her up and see that."

"I'm full of surprises." I said miserably and sat down next to her.

"What is a woman like that doing with a man like you? She for sure has to be blind or something." I laughed at the last part and took a drink.

"Why are here Mazikeen? Your far from home and your boyfriend."

"Did I ever tell you I meet Nora? She was way younger, hell you were way younger too. I lived in her home town for a while and I ran into a problem. Her dad offered to help me, it was the first time I killed a man to be fair the man did deserve it but still. He had a office at his house, your father is the one who recommend me, but it just so happened the kids didn't have school that day and her dad didnt know it and she walked in on us talking. She was such a sweet kid, she offered me something to drink and then came in ever few hours to fill my drink or get me something to eat. I dont think she recognizes me but I did recognize her. That's why I decided to help her at the ball. I knew she was lying about her name but I didn't know her name and I couldnt remember her father's but then today when I picked up my mail her name and picture is one the front of it with a picture of you next to her. Very compelling story."

"What happened at the ball?" I was starting to panic. She never told me anything about something happening at the ball. Yeah I knew she must have mad someone mad but that could have happened anywhere.

"She didnt tell you? Well-"