chapter 4

Lorenzo POV*

If she was anyone else I would have hurt her for talking to me like she did, showed her a lesson. Maybe it was those bright green eyes that stopped me or her shiny brown hair. I don't truly know why but something about her stopped me from having one of my men hurt her even a little. It would have scared her into doing what I wanted and doing it well. I couldnt help myself from touching her delicate face and moving her soft hair. My body craved to touch her so I did. But I couldnt be soft. Not with her and not with anyone. I dont care how full and pink her lips are, I cant. I cant mix business and pleasure.

"Take her home. Make sure my number is in her phone and then leave. Tell her not to talk about this." I told one of my best men, Beau. He nodded and walked to the car and started it. I watched as they drove down the dirt road. "I want her to be followed. Make sure she doesnt say anything about this meeting. I want eyes on her 24/7. Just make sure she doesnt see you." The men nodded and walked to the cars parked and got inside and drove away.

Most of them will go do as I ask while the others will be going home to their family. Theres about 20 of them so not all of them need to be in the same place. Once everyone else was gone I walked inside the warehouse and walked to one of the back rooms that held everything from gun to explosive. A guard greeted me with a head nod as I walked past him. I went straight back to the selves that held the logs of what's inside this room and took a look. I was caught by the feds but that cant stop my business that just means I have to be more careful. I dont have to worry about going to jail, not with Nora on my side at least. She was just like her father, smart and hardworking. I had a run in with him a few years before he and his wife died. If he was still here I would have hired him but Nora is his daughter and she knows just about the same as him. The one thing she doesnt know is that her father didnt always play on the same rules as the other lawyers, that why he got to where he was. And if I had to guess is that the fire he died in was not tragic accident, he probably fucked with the wrong person, his and Nora's personality are quite similar, and they didnt like it so they killed him and his wife. Her mother was no better, she would operate on many of my men and other crime bosses' too. She would cover up the causes of them being in the hospital and help us out. But at the time I was not a leader of my empire, my father still had control and I was just in his shadow.

My business isnt for the weak and the people who get mixed up in it end up dead. Nora's parents found that out the hard way and so does most of them. Most people see a big pay out that will help them but most dont see that they are risking theirs and their families lives, and if they do they dont care. It's their own fault most of the time, they do something stupid and dont follow orders and end up dead. I'm not as cruel as other crime bosses, if I get a man killed I'll pay for all the costs to do what the families want with the body and then I put they money they would have made for whatever they were doing that day into the families account but only if it was my fault that they were dead. If they did not listen or made a stupid decision I do not care. My father always hated that I did this, he always said that it would be traced back to me and I'll be fucked. I have done this a million of times and not once has it. I did this with Nora's parents, they were good people and even though I was not the cause of their death I felt responsible for it.

The logs looked okay but it seemed we were missing a crate. I put the log back and headed back to the guard.

"Were missing a crate. Were is it?" I asked with a cold voice.

"The last shipment was yesterday-" he started but I cut him off.

"Yes I know when the last shipment was. Where the hell is the missing crate? That has over 20,000 dollars worth of bullets in it."

"I dont know, boss but I can have one of the others look at the docks for it."

"Good. I want it found and do what you have to, to find it."

"Yes, sir."

I walked away not bothering to say anything else and headed to my car. The drive home wouldnt be long but if I take the long way and make sure Nora is home it will be worth the ride. I know I dont have to check, she'll be home. Beau is a lot of things but he knows how to follow orders. I shouldnt go. But maybe I should just make sure. No. I can't. I wont. I got into my car and headed the short way home.