chapter 7

Lorenzo's pov*

I couldnt help myself from touching her perfect body. If I could go back into that room and touch her body again I would but I can't. I have work to do and I can be held back by a woman and be late. As I walked out of the building and got into my car I pulled out my phone. I called one of the guards down at the docks and he picked up on the first ring.

"Hello, boss. What can I do for you?"

"Has the crate been found?"

"No, sir but-"

"I need that found now! Do you like being able to breathe?"

"Yes, sir I do."

"Good then find the missing crate and you'll keep breathing."

"Yes, sir."

I pressed end call and turned on my car and started driving. I had a meeting at the warehouse with some other leaders.

While I drove I found my mind wondering to her. The way her eyes watched me with so much wonder. She sees me as a ticking time bomb and shes scared I could go off at any moment. She watches me with caution. I love it. It gives me power. I started to remember how her breath hitched when pulled out my knife, she truly thought I was going to hurt her. And how everytime my hands touch her body her breath slows and her eyes brightened. And remembering this I found myself smiling.

I hadn't been paying attention to the road so I didnt noticed that a car was coming full force at me so I quickly swerved so I did get hit causing me to swerve right into a ditch. My air bags went off and my head went full force into my window knocking me out.
---
I woke up at a hospital. My right arm was wrapped up in a cast and when I went to touch my face I felt the closed wound on my forehead that had been stitched. A doctor came walking into the room with a clipboard with paper on top. She gave me a smile before looking down at her papers.

"Look who's awake. Good evening Mr. Zade, how are you feeling?"

"I feel fine. How long have I been here?"

"Umm it appears that you came in this morning so only a couple of hours." I started to get out of the bed but instant pain shot threw my sides, making me stop and groan.
"Mr. Zade, you should stay in bed. Your in no shape to be up and moving."

"I need to get out of here." I said and stood up. I felt even more pain while standing but I held it in.

"Your going to need to call someone to pick you up sir. You cant drive yourself. And even if you could, you have two broken ribs, a concussion, and your wrist is fractured, so we dont suggest you do so."

"Fine. Can I have my phone then?" She smile and walked to the drawers and pulled out a bag of my stuff from the accident. I sat back down and she handed me the bag.

"If you do want to leave against doctors orders, you'll have to sign a contract saying you're refusing care. But again Mr. Zade we do not recommend that at all. We want to hold you at least over night to keep an eye on you."

"I'm not staying. I want the paper."

"Okay. I'll go get it." She said and walked away with a sad smile.

I shuffled through the bag to find my phone and pulled it out. I thought about calling Nora. Her number was the first one that popped up. I had texted her a while ago, before I actually met her, telling her to take the case but that was all. I was just about to click the call button when one of my men from the warehouse started to call. I pick up and waited.

"I'm sorry to disturb you but you didnt show up at the meeting and we couldnt keep them much longer. They all are leaving now and they seem pretty pissed." The man rambled.

"Tell them I will be in contact with them in a few weeks."

"Yes sir. Also we found the missing crate but we have a slight problem."

"What's the problem?"

"When we found the crate it had been broken into. Everything was stolen."

"Did you check the cameras at the docks? "

"No, I did not. I'm pretty sure no one else did either."

"Check the cameras. See who did this. I want them found and brought to me alive, got it?"

"Yes, sir. We will find who did this."

"Good." I hung up before he said anything else. I was texting another one of my men to relay the message when I heard footsteps running towards my room. When I looked up it was girlfriend, Lucky.