chapter 20

Enzo's pov* *warning this chapter has infertile discussions *

I spent the rest of the night with her in her bed. I couldnt get her to settle down so she ended up cried herself to sleep wrapped up in my arms. I didnt even bother to move out of her bed and leave when I heard my phone ringing in the other room where I left in in my pants. She slept in my arms but while she was sleeping I couldn't seem to fall asleep. Nora was a mess and she couldn't stop crying to tell me what happened so I ended up just giving up and rocking her to try and comfort her which worked a bit. I spent the whole night wide awake just thinking of different possibilities of what could have happened that made her this way, most people don't cry like this just because their sister is pregnant. But around 3 am it clicked.

When the sun started to rise I waited a few hours until I knew she was getting closer to being awake to get up out of bed. I carefully got up and went to the other room. I got dressed and then grabbed all my stuff before I quietly left. I knew that if I wanted the answer to what I suspected to be true I had to go to the source. I texted Maria and told her to meet me at the hotel I own in a few hours. I knew she would show, no matter how angry she get at me she always shows up. One of the many things I like about her.

I got into my car and drove to the hotel. It was still pretty early, only about 6:30. It was a 30 minute drive but when I got there i was welcomed by the staff and was given the key to the room that held the truth. I made my way to the room quickly, I knew she would be up. This hotel, although grand and elegant, I send all the people I dont want to be found. Here is where Lucky went so she didnt talk to the reporters, although I didnt exactly mind the paper they wrote. Unfortunately today I'm not here to see Lucky, although she does give some good head, not as good as Nora but still good.

I finally found the room I was looking for and I knocked on the door. I heard movement inside so I knocked again. I waited a few seconds before I realized that she wasnt going to open the door herself so I used the key I was given and opened the door and walked inside. I looked around until my eyes spotted her laying on the bed completely naked. I turned away from her.

"Hello, baby! I'm so happy you came to see me." She said in a cheerful voice.

"Put clothes on now, Ashley." I said in a deep, serious voice.

"Why dont you come make me, baby." She said in response. I turned back to face her, I didnt even look at anything but her face, she doesnt interest me in that way. I took long strides to her and grabbed her arm. She yelped as I made her stand.

"Put your fucking clothes on now Ashley." I said in a cold voice. I let go of her and she grabbed the robe that was on the chair and put it on.

"Gosh what the hell has gotten into to you, Enzo? Talk to me baby."

"Its sir or Mr. Zade to you Ashley and stop calling me baby." When speaking to her I talk with no emotion in my voice.

"Fine. Mr. Zade" she said with an attitude, " what do you want?"

"I want to know what the hell you told Carter that he told your sister." An evil smile found her lips and she sat down on the edge of the bed and crossed her legs.

"Why do you care?"

"Because I do, now tell me everything."

"Why? Nora couldnt tell you?"

"Ashley, I have little to no patience with you so you better just say it.  " I said in a warning voice.

"You know everything about Nora, why dont you tell me?"

"You have one more chance to just tell me or else it's going to be a very difficult day for you."

"Fine. Nora can't have kids."

"What?"

"Do you need me to repeat it? Nora can't have children."

"Why not?"

"Well the fire our parents died in isnt the only accident Nora's been in. She was in a car accident when she was in high school she was with a friend who was high on something and was driving to fast. They crashed into another car, the friend died and the people in the other car died too. Nora was the only survivor but she was badly injured. She wasnt wearing her seatbelt and she went flying through the windshield. A piece of glass ended up cutting her open in her lower stomach. They doctors told her at only 16 that not only was her friend dead and so were the other people but also it will be nearly impossible for her to have kids with the damage. Which around this time is also around the time she started drinking every time she could. Dont get me wrong shes not like most when she drinks, she never drank around me or anyone else unless is was maybe a glass or two, when she drinks shes a different person. She'll sleep with just about anyone to make her self feel something other than the numbness she feels."

"Okay then what the hell does this have to do with Carter?"

"Well, were expecting of course." She put her hand on her flat stomach and looked down at it and then back at me.

"That doesnt make se-" and there it was, the missing piece. "The night you slept with Carter in Nora's bed, that night go you pregnant."

"Indeed it did. You wanna know something that Carter told me?" She said with an evil smile.

"Tell me." She stood up and within a second she lunged toward me. She wrapped her arms around my neck and pressed her lips to mine. I didnt have time to think when I grabbed her shoulders and pushed her hard off me. She landing on her back on the bed. I wiped my lips. "What the hell is wrong with you?! I'm not fucking Carter, I dont want your lips on me. I dont even want to be near you."

"Gosh Enzo, your going to hurt the baby with that kind of rough play. Please tell me next time if your going to be that rough." She said, sitting back up.

"What did Carter tell you!" I said raising my voice. I was getting fed up with her bullshit.

"Him and Nora were trying to have a kid before she found out he was cheating."