chapter 5

Nora's pov*

Beau dropped me off at home and walked me to the door in silence. Once we got to the door and I opened it he tapped my shoulder and I turned to look at him.

"Here you are miss." He said handing me my phone. I took it and gave him a confused look.

"How did you get my phone? I left it here."

"We took it when we picked you up."

"You mean when you kidnapped me." With my words he chuckled and gave me a smile. His laugh was deep but smooth.

"Yes, your right. I put the boss's number in your phone under his name. He also told me to tell you not to talk to anyone about this."

"Of course he did. Thank you. Anything else?"

"No, miss."

"Okay but if we talk again no more miss okay? Just call me Nora."

"Got it, Nora." He said with a smile and then turned and walked away down the hall. I didnt stay to watch he leave, I walked inside my apartment and locked the door. Instantly hot tears ran down my face and I put my back against the door and slid down it. I brought my knees to my chest and wrapped my arms around my legs and cried.

I dont truly know why I started to cry. Maybe it was because now I was mixed up into something I shouldn't or that I was scared for my life even though I wouldnt let anyone see that. I was even scared for Ashley's life. I dont know why I cared about her, she has been nothing but a bad sister but she was still my sister. I guess me and my father did have more in common than our jobs, we both, when it came to it, believe that blood was thicker than water. I just hope I wont end up the same way as him.

------
I stayed at my door for only a few minutes before I got up and went to take a shower. I turned on the water as hot as it would go and waited until it heated up. I stripped my clothes off and stepped inside. I let the hot water run down my body taking any hints that I was even sad with it. I would not let anyone see that side of me. I stood there just letting the hot water hit my chest and calm me. After 5 minutes of just standing there with my eyes closed past I quickly washed my hair and body. I turned off the shower and stepped out of it with water dripping off my body. I went to take a step closer to the mirror when I slipped on the water on the floor and fell hitting my head on the shower frame.

"For fuck sakes!" I yelled at the top of my lungs while laying on the ground. Instantly I heard feet running toward the bathroom and the door swung opened to reveal Cater.

"I heard you yell- oh." He said looking at me.

"Stop staring and hand me a towel!" I yelled at him. He grabbed a towel and threw it to me. I sat up and wrapped it around me as best as I could. My head was pounding now and when I reached back to touch my head I felt a warm wetness. I brought my hand back so I could see it to see that my fingertips were covered with blood. Carter must have been watching me because he quickly got to me and helped me up. He wrapped my arm over his neck and picked me up bridal style and carried me out of the bathroom and sat me down on the bed. He ran around my room grabbing clothes out of my dressers and then brought them to me.

"I'll take you to the hospital." Was all he said as he tried to help me put on my clothes.

"No. Just stop. I dont need you help." I said standing and taking the bra he had in his hands.

"Please let me help you, Nora. Let me make up from what I did." He pleaded.

"Nothing you can do now will make up for you sleeping with my sister."

"I know. I'm sorry but just let me help you."

"Fine." I said and he took the bra back out of my hands. I wasn't in the shape to argue. My head hurts and the world around me was spinning.

"Good. Now sit." He said pointing to the bed. I did what he said. He gently slid the towel off of me and gently put the bra on and clasped it. He grabbed the pair of panties from beside me and slid them up my legs and then grabbed my arm and made me stand and then with his other hand he pulled them up the rest of the way. I knew I could probably do this myself but I also knew he wouldn't let me. He grabbed a a shirt and slid it on me and did the same with my pants. Once I was fully dressed he helped me put on socks and shoes and then grabbed my hand and lead me out of the apartment.

"How did you get inside my apartment?" I asked once we got inside the car. He looked over at me.

"The lady at the front desk gave me the key, she likes me."

"Did you sleep with her too? Or do you only sleep with my sister?"

"I don't sleep with your sister, I slept with your sister."

"That's not a no."

"No I didnt sleep with the lobby lady." He turned to look at the front and started the car. He drove out of the parking lot and to the hospital.

------
I spent two hours in the er waiting room all for them to tell me I had a concussion and that I needed stitches. They stitched me up and then gave me a pamphlet before having me leave. Carter stayed with me the whole time even after I told him to leave multiple times. He drove me to work after trying to convince me to take the day off. He even walked me to my office where Jeremy was waiting. Once we entered my office Jeremy gave him a dirty look before walking out of the room.

"I thought he liked me?" Carter asked as I sat down.

"Not anymore." I said and took out my laptop. Carter reached over and took the laptop from me.

"Nope. You have a concussion. No laptops."

"Your a pain in my ass, Carter."

"Yeah well doctors orders." There was a knock on the door and in walked Jeremy again holding a coffee. He gave me a smile and the side eye the Carter and walked to me and handed me the drink.

"Thank you."

"Yup no problem. What's he doing here? Shouldnt he be sleeping with your sister or something." Jeremy said with an attitude. I could help but smile but the look on Carters face was priceless. He was obviously pissed and surprised.

"What the hell is your problem?" Carter said to Jeremy. Jeremy turned and looked at him.

"My problem is you. Your a piece of shit and honestly I'm glad Nora broke up with you."

"I'm not a-" before Carter could finish I cut him off so this didnt get messy.

"Not in my office. You two want to fight then go outside. Thank you Carter for taking me to the hospital and dropping me off but you can leave now. " He bit his lip like he was trying to hold something in but he just nodded and sat my computer back into my desk and walked out leaving something on my book shelf next to my door. Jeremy took a seat in front of me and crossed his legs and gave me a look.
"What?" I asked.

"Why was he with you?" I told him everything that happened besides everything about what happened before my shower.

"Damn. You shouldnt be here, Nora."

"I know but if I'm not here then I'm home and i dont want to be there either."

"You can stay the night at my house. Matt has been wanting you to come over for dinner. You can stay in the guest room like always."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah of course. I'll call him to let him know but you can go over when ever your ready."

"Okay. I'm just going to get a taxi and head home first to get clothes but then I go over."

"Okay sounds good. Yoh still have the key right? "

"Yeah I do." I stood up and so did he. He walked out of my office texting on his phone and I walked to the book shelf and grabbed what Carter left. It was the extra key to my apartment. I walked back and grabbed all of my stuff and then walked out, I did stop and tell Jeremy thank you on my way out. I got a taxi and headed home.