chapter 33

Nora's pov

I spent the night at Jeremy's and the next day I got a text from Maria telling me to come over at 8 with Jeremy and his husband and she sent me an address. I honestly didnt want to go. But if course Jeremy was making me. Jeremy took me over to my apartment where we spent the whole day packing up my stuff, I had gotten a storage container so I wouldnt have to worry about selling any of it. Jeremy did offer to take it all and put it in the guest bedroom or in the garage but this seemed like a better option. If I really wanted to I could have the storage container sent to my apartment in Italy but I'm going to wait for anything big like that to make sure I like the place first.

I got a first class ticket to italy for Wednesday so I only have today and tomorrow morning until I have to leave. Once I finally finished packing up the last box for today I took a seat on the cluttered couch that had boxes all over it. Jeremy walked in to the living room and sat next to me.

"Its almost 7 so I have to go get the hubby here soon. Do you want to take a shower at my house or here?"

"I'll take one here and just come get me on the way, or don't." I said the last part and gave him a cheeky smile. He got off the couch and stood in front of me.

"Be ready by 7:30, you smell horrid." I stood up and jumped onto him and wrapped my arms around him.

"Nah baby this is the smell of success!" I said with a frat boy voice. He was pushing me off while laughing.
"Get a shower woman!" He yelled, stilling trying to get my clammy body off of him. I laughed and then let go and stood a step back.

"You know you want me, babygirl." I said in the deepest voice I could. I couldn't help but laugh at my own actions. He laughed with me as he collected his drink and keys.

"Be ready by 7:30 and meet me outside." He said in between laughs. He gave me a quick hug before walking out of my apartment. 

I didn't bother with sitting down, I just grabbed my phone and headed to the bathroom. I called some movers to come get these boxes and put them in the container, they would come after I was out of the house and do all the heavy lifting they also would finish the rest of the packing for me. Before I got into the shower I went out of the bathroom with a towel around me and went to pick out something to wear. The best I could find was a pair of light blue jeans and a nice shirt, most of my clothes were packed up already. After getting my outfit I got into the shower and let the water rinse away the smell of alcohol from the night before. Surprisingly I didnt have much of a hangover but that probably because of what ever Jeremy made me take before I went to bed. 

I quickly washed my hair and body and then got out. I dried my body and wrapped my hair up to dry. I got dressed and before I knew it, it was already almost 7:30 so I quickly put on my shoes and took my hair down and brushed it and grabbed my wallet and keys before taking a hundred out of my wallet and left it on the island with a note saying it was their tip and then left my apartment. I left my key down at the lobby for the movers and gave her instructions because clearly she doesnt listen well.  Then I got into the car with Jeremy and Matt.

*****
The drive was rather short, I didn't realize that I lived so close to her. We stopped and I bought wine and flowers for them and also a bottle of whiskey for myself. Once we pulled up to the biggest house on the block I could tell it was Maria's. It just screams I make a shit ton of money. It was a mix of modern and old England house if that even makes sense. Jeremy parked the car and I was the first one to step out. At the same time Maria, her wife, what I'm guessing is her child, and Enzo. I didn't look his way, instead I focused my attention on the three females.

I put on a fake smile and grabbed the stuff I bought, keeping the whiskey in my purse so no one saw it, and headed toward them. Jeremy and Matt follow behind me. I step up the white steps and Maria reached her arms out and pulled me into a hug, crushing the flowers and wine bottle onto my chest, but I managed to get one hand around her small frame. Then I turned my attention to her wife, Sadie and stuck my hand out to shake hers. Instead of taking my hand she pulled me into a hug.

"I'm glad you guys could make it." She said in a cheerful voice. Once she let go I took a step back and turned my attention now one the little girl who held Sadie's leg. The child was not any older than maybe 5 and she had chocolate brown hair and bright blue eyes. I got down in front of her and with the sweetest smile I handed her the flowers. Her face changed from nervous and unsure to happy. She took the flowers eagerly and with the brightest smile she looked up at her moms, who were now talking to Jeremy about work but they stopped quickly and flashed her a smile.

"What to do you say,  Nadia?" Maria asked and the child turned back to me. She let go of her mother's leg and got closer to me and wrapped her little arms around my neck.

"Thank you!" She said in the most cheerful voice. I hugged her back before letting go standing up.

"Your welcome, Miss. Nadia." She flashed me a smile before looking down at the flowers and smelling them. "And this is for you." I handed the bottle of wine to Sadie and she smiled before turning around and walking inside the house. I heard her say a thank you as we walked.

She took us to the kitchen and Nadia ran past all of us and brought her flowers to a maid and the maid took her hand and walked her out of the room. I heard them whispering about a vase as they left. The kitchen was huge and there were people in white uniform cooking away.

"You guys are okay with stakes and potatoes right?" Sadie asked as we walked through the kitchen. We all said yes at the same time. Sadie tooks us all to dinner room that was set with glassware and a silver set. Everything was nicely polished and looked brand new in here. The room was lit up by a big crystal chandelier that was right above the big wooden table.

"You can sit anywhere." Maria said as she sat down at the head of the table. Sadie said right next to her and I sat across from Sadie.

Jeremy went to go sit next to me when Enzo sat down next to me. I didn't even looks is way as he did this but I did give Jeremy an apology look. Nadia came running in and sat down next to Sadie and Jeremy sat next to her instead and his husband sat across from him.

As soon as everyone was sat a maid came out and asked everyone what they wanted to drink and then she went and came back with everyone's drinks.

Not to much later the cooks came out handing everyone a plate of food, it was stake, green beans, a small side salad, seasoned potatoes, and soup. It smelled delicious. As we ate everyone was talking, eventually Nadia finished and grabbed her plate and took it back to the kitchen but never came back. I was laughing about something when I felt a warm hand on my thigh. I stopped laughing and for the first time glanced at Enzo. He wasn't smiling, he wasn't eating, he was just sitting their sipping on red wine and looking straight forward.

"If you guys are only going to give secret glances at each other and not talk to each other then I'm going to need something stronger than this wine." Sadie said with a smile. I looked from Enzo to her, I could feel my cheeks getting red, she laughed and then changed the topic as a waiter brought out more drinks.

I reached under the table and moved Enzo's hand and got up. Then I grabbed my purse and walked put of the room leaving it  going quiet. I headed to the bathroom that I saw on out way to the dining room.