chapter 26

Nora's pov*

The car ride was rather long and when we finally pulled into a gated house, that was closer to a mansion than an actual house, the car came to a stop. The door of the limo was opened and a extend hand from the driver was offered to Maria. She took it and got out and her wife followed. I started to move to get out but Enzo grabbed my hand and stopped me. The driver leanded in and Enzo whispered something to him and he shut the door and got into the front seat and started the car again and began to move. I looked over so see Enzo's blank face. He grabbed my arm and pulled me so that I was on top of him.

"Enzo, what are you doing? We are going to be late."

"I know I know but right now I dont care. I need to let you in on a little secret I may have kept from you about this party." He said as he looked at me. His eyes were the familiar honey brown and they looked almost innocent.

"Okay? What is it?"

"This party isnt exactly a normal one. I knew you would have doubts and probably wouldnt come if you knew exactly what we are about to walk Into."

"What's that supposed to mean? "

"The people inside that building arent exactly innocent. Hell they arent even remotely innocent in any way. I need you to promise me that you wont make a scene." I moved from on top of him and sat with my arms crossed.

"What so you mean by that?I'm not a child, Enzo so stop talking to me like I am."

"Inside that building is every criminal that hasn't been caught that works with me. They arent exactly nice and they wont hesitate to hurt you, Nora. I'm not talking to you like I child I'm talking to you like this so you dont end up dead. I cant be with you every second that your here. So dont give them your name, dont tell them where you live, dont tell them your job, dont tell them anything that can let them find you."

"Okay, whatever." I went to stand but he grabbed my and pulled me down and  now he was on top of me. His chain fell from his suit and dangled over my face.

"Promise me, Nora." His voice was almost pleading.

"I promise." With my words he got off of me and opened the door. I hadent noticed that we has stopped again and we were back at where we started. He stepped out of the car and fixed his suit and tucked his chain back into his suit. He held out his hand for me and I stood up and stepped out of the car while taking it. I fixed my dress and made sure my jewelry was straight before I looped my arm in his and we began to walk inside the building.

The house was full of people. There was people in every corner. He didnt stop to talk to people as we headed to the bar. He order himself a glass of scotch and me a glass of champagne. I knew better than to question him about his choice in my drink. We stood at the bar for only a moment before he got super close to me and then under the bar hand me something. He didnt say a word as he did. I took the object in my hands. It took me a minute to realize what it was he handed me. I leaned in and whispered in his ear so that only he could hear me.

"Why the hell did you hand me a gun? Where am I supposed to put this?"

"Put it in your dress, theres a special pocket sawed in to hold it. You'll find it." I did as he said.

"Why?" I couldnt help but question it. He turned to face me and grabbed my face and pulled me closer. He put his lips almost against mine.

"Because your in a room full of the most dangerous criminals, Nora." He said in a voice barely above a whispered. The room was loud enough that only I could hear him.  He quickly kissed me before turning away and drinking the rest of his scotch. He grabbed my hand and pulled me to a group of a men and woman that were attached to their sides. Most of the woman looked younger than me and were dress as if they were ready for a strip club.

"I'm glad you decided to join us, Mr. Zade." A older man said after taking a sip of his drink. He held out his hand to Enzo and they shock hands.

"Mr. Fell, I come every year." Enzo voice had no emotion and neither did his face. His jaw was set and he looked as if he didnt care at all.

"Who's this lovely lady you have brought with you?" Another man asked while reaching out to shake my hand. Enzo moved to block the hand shake.

"Her name isn't important. I thought you were uninvited, Shane." He said changing the subject.

"I was but all I had to do was sweet talk George's wife and I got an invite the next day." Shane said with a grin.

"By sweet talking you mean you got in between her legs, Shane." Mr. Fell said with a laugh. The whole group laughed with him besides Enzo and myself. Mr. Fell must have noticed that Enzo wasnt laughing because his hand hit Enzo's back hard two times and in between laughs he said, "You and your woman need to lighten up." Enzo looked at him quickly with disgust before clearing his throat.

"Dont you have a wife, Shane? I know this woman with you isnt her. She far too young." Enzo said, once again changing the subject.

"Oh Enzo you know I do. But I wont tell Lucky your girlfriend if you wont tell Harper my wife." He said with a laugh. Enzo blank face flashed with anger for a quick moment before it went back to blank.

"Shane, you already know Lucky wasnt my girlfriend. I dont date unless it comes to the woman that's with me tonight. "

"Oh so I cant take the lady, that's almost connected to you, for a spin? I bet shes even sexier naked then she is in that dress." He glanced to me and licked his lips  before he looked back to meet Enzo stare.

"Your going to get your ass kicked if you dont stop talking, Shane." Mr. Fell said and set his hand on Enzo's shoulder. Enzo looked at Mr. Fell's hand before he looked back at Shane. His jaw was tightened and he looked as if he wanted to throw a punch.

"Enzo is my buddy, he wouldnt hit me. Itsnt that right, buddy? Plus he didnt seem to care about sharing last time."  I think Enzo hit his last straw with Shane because he let go of me and moved Mr. Fell's hand and took one big step to Shane so that he was right in from of him.  Enzo looked as if he towered over him.

Enzo grabbed Shane's shoulders and leaned in closer to his face. Shane swarmed under Enzo grip.

"Its Mr. Zade to people who are under me. And if you even think about touching my girlfriend, hell if you even get close to her, I will kill you, Shane. Do not mistake my tolerance  for friendship." Enzo said in a cold, heartless voice. "Do you got that or do I need to repeat myself so your small brain can get it all?"

"I got it." Shane said. He was clearly scared.

"You got it?" Enzo said trying to get Shane to repeat himself and say it right.

"I got it, Mr. Zade." With that Enzo let go. He turned and grabbed my arm and pulled me away from the now silent group.