chapter 23

Nora's pov*

I chuckled thinking he wasnt being serious. He got out of the chair and then with a quick movement he picked me up and threw me over his shoulder.

"I'm not kidding, beautiful." He said in a playful voice as if he heard my thoughts. He walked to my room while carrying me over his shoulder. He threw me on the bed and got on top of me. He touched my face with his bandaged hands and held it with carefulness as if he was scared he would break it in some way.

"Enzo, you know we cant do that." I said trying to be serious but I couldnt help the smile that found my face.

"Oh but we can." He leanded down and kissed my lips. "We can do anything you want to do." He said against my lips.

"What about-" I started but he cut me off.

"No, Nora. No what ifs, no what abouts, none of that. Right now choose what exactly you want." He said while pulling back and looking me in the eyes.

"Why would you be even willing to give me a child? You dont seem to be the person to even like kids."

"Because Nora I've spent the last few years watching you. I watched as you fell in love, I watched as you worked, I watched as you followed you heart. I watched you for a while from a distance and I didnt think I would get the chance to know you but then I did. And you may see a life without me but I dont see one without you. You were right about something though, I do let my anger take over but if you let me do this for you I will get the best help money can buy and I'll change for you, Nora. I'll love our kids.  And plus like I said, I think I'm in love with you."

"But your still on trial, I'm still your lawyer."

"I know but I'm willing to risk it all for you, the case, my life outside of prison, my job, my lawyer, all of it just to be with you. Are you willing to risk it all with me?"

"What happens if I dont get pregnant? Or you go to prison for the rest of your life?"

"You had the wrong person trying to get you pregnant I know I can and I wont, i have a great lawyer. Maybe you have heard of her, Nora Finley? I heard shes great in bed and so damn sexy in the court room."

"But-" he cut me off again.

"Nora, listen we can figure out the rest at a later time, it's not something that we need to figure out yet. Yes or no?"

"Yes but with one condition."

"Okay? And what would that be?"

"We set up a contract, we get all the legal details set once the hypothetical pregnancy is confirmed. Deal?" He leanded back in and kissed me and against my lips he said deal before he kissed me further. He let go of my face and his hands went to where my robe was tied.

"Did I tell you how sexy you look in this fucking robe? But you look even sexier naked." He said in between kisses. He untied it then took my arms out of it. Then picked me up and I wrapped my legs around him. He pulled back and looked at me in my eyes.

"What?" I asked as I was confused on why he stopped.

"I want you to move in with me. I know you have a place in Italy and after the case is over you will be there but i want to you lived with me until you leave. "

"Enzo, I can't."

"Fine. Then come stay with me. You dont have to move in until you want and you can leave when ever you want. Please, Nora?"

"Okay but we cant let anyone find out."

"No one will. I'll always protect you, Nora."

"I think I'm in love with you too, Enzo." I said the words in almost a whisper and I didnt think he heard me until he smiled and kisses me. The words were a surprise for me as much as they were to him but I truly do think I do. I forgive him for everything and maybe that makes me stupid or crazy but then again maybe I am. I'll die for this man.