chapter 32

Nora's pov*

I felt like crying. I had to get out of that room so as soon as the judge left I packed up and got out of the room from the back way. That's when I heard something call my name and I'd hope for a second that it was Enzo but it wasnt. It was the judge. She pulled me aside and handed me a yellow paper folder. I looked up at her in confusion.

"Your too good of a lawyer to be messing around with a man like that, Nora. All of New York will hear this case but they dont need to see these. Go ahead look in it." She said and I took a deep breath before opening the folder. Inside were clear shots of me and Enzo. Some in my apartment, some in his car, some in that party he took me to and even some in Enzo's house. There were about 40 pictures and you could clearly see it was me and him.

"Why didn't you call us out in there?"

"Because I know you didnt deserve that. I make it a habit to find out everything I can about people I work with and you've been through hell. Your career maybe be ruined here but it's not in a different state. Maybe it's time to leave again." She put her hand on my shoulder. "I have kids that look up to you, hell every newbie lawyer looks up to you. Your too good for this." She left her hand fall from my shoulder and she turned away and began to walk down the hall.

She was right, not about the too good thing but that I needed to leave here. I'm not better than Enzo, I'm not better than anyone. I put the folder with the pictures in my bag and raced out of the court house. I began my walk to the subway when I passed a bar. I stopped and turned back and walked inside the bar. I ordered myself drinks and keep drinking until it was dark. The bar barley had any people due to it being only monday. I didnt feel like crying anymore, I didn't feel anything. I was numb and thank god so. I had my head down on the bar when I felt someone come up behind me. They tapped me on the shoulder and I lifted my heavy head to see who it was.

"Are you ready to leave now?" They asked.

"How did you find me?"

"I've been your best friend for five years, it wasnt hard." He laughed a little and grabbed my arm and wrapped it around his shoulders.

"I'm not ready to leave, I dont want to go home." I complained.

"Your wasted on a Monday, you need to go before you drink the bar empty." He grabbed a 50 out of his wallet and handed it to the bartender before walking me outside. He helped me inside the backseat of his car before he got into the front and began to drive.

"Please tell me we arent going to my apartment."

"We aren't. You can sleep in my guests room. How come you didnt tell me about Enzo?"

"I dont know. I didnt want anyone to know but now look where that got me. Where you there today?"

"Yes. I saw everything."

"Expect when the judge pulled me aside and told me I was too good for him and gave me the pictures of me and him having sex." Just saying this made my stomach turn and I felt like I was gonna throw up. Jeremy looked at me in the rearview mirror, his look alone showed that he pitied me. It's the same look people give you when your parents die and your stuck raising your younger sister. I turned my head to look out the window as he went on the talk he always gave me when I did something dumb. Jeremy was older than me by only a few years but he sometimes acted as if it was older by 20 years.

"Nora, I'm not going to judge you for this, it's not my place nor something I want to do. Your old enough to know what to do and what not to do. All I want to know is if you love him?" His words surprised me. I looked at him through the rearview mirror, he was focused on the road but he would still glance to look at me.

"Yes, I love him but that doesn't matter now. I'm leaving and not coming back." I turned and leaned my head against the window.

I was past just a little drunk and I was way too drunk to be having this conversation.

***********
Enzo's POV*

Jeremy found me after the trial while I was walking out of the courthouse. He pulled me aside and asked me where Nora went. After I told him I didn't know he left without word and got into his car and drove off. Maria came up behind me as he drove away.

"She'll be okay, Enzo. You both knew what you were getting into before you even started this. I'll get on the phone and try to keep everything out of the news as best as I can but I cant keep it all out." She put her hand on my shoulder and normally I would say something about the name thing but I no longer gave a shit. Just as I turned to thank Maria I saw the reason why this all is a problem.  Anger flared inside me and I wanted to kill him. I moved quickly away from Maria to Carter. And before he could even see me I grabbed him by his throat and pushed him against the wall.

"I thought I told you to leave with your baby momma?" My voice was low and harsh. His face was becoming more red as I held tightly on his throat. His hands went to mine and he tried to move them but he wasnt even nearly as strong as me with the last beating still lasting on him.

"S-she was mine and you took her!" He said struggling to breathe.

"Your pathetic! She clearly doesnt want you! And so you ruin her life here? I told you if you didn't leave I would kill you and unlike you I do what I say I am." I knew i couldn't kill him here, too many witnesses. But I could have one of my men do it, mmm but then I wont get the chance of him seeing me win.

"You wont kill me, you kill me then Nora will never forgive you." He didnt believe what he said and you could tell. He was going to say anything to keep himself alive.

"Or she'll thank me, you are the one who just ruined her career in New York. Shes going to be the talk of the city because of you. I dont think she cares anymore." His face was becoming a more purple now and he was fighting against me. "But you know what maybe I wont kill you, maybe I'll have Nora do it since i manipulate her or maybe Ashley, she'll do anything I ask, or maybe one of my men, make it a surprise. Watch your back Carter, for you do not know who's going to shot the target on it." I let go of him. And watched as he fell to the floor gasping for air.

I turned and walked towards Maria and we left him there, gasping for air. I wasn't going to let him get away from this, but I was going to make him live the rest of his life in fear. Every single important event, I'll be there waiting and watching him. And when the day feels right I'll take his life away from him like a god.