chapter 41

Nora's POV *

It past a week being in the hospital after waking up and I was done. I forced Beau to take me back to New York. And after an hour of fighting with me about it and finally gave in. So we got on a plane and I was on my way back to him. I called in and heard his voice for the first time months and I couldnt help but cry. As soon as the plane landed we drove to the warehouse. We knew he was there by the tracking device in Enzo phone that's in all of their phones just in case they need to find one another.

As soon as we were pulling on to the dirt driveway I felt as if someone bad was going to happen. But I thought it was just nerves and ignored it. As we pulled up to the warehouse there were a bunch of cars. Bloody men stood around the warehouse and dead bodies on the floor.

"We should leave, Nora." Beau said as he pulled to a stop.

"No. I need to see him." I said as I quickly got out of the car. Beau called for me to stop but I didnt listen to him. Just as I made it to the doors a bunch of men came walking out of them. Men tried to get me to stop but I kept moving forward. I had to keep my eyes from looking at the dead men I walked around. I walked inside of the warehouse. My eyes darted to the bloody mess of a man in the middle of the room to a woman and Enzo. I recognize the woman as Mazikeen. She stabbed the man and I stood there and just watched. I couldnt tell who it was. I must have made a noise because the both looked up from the man to me.

"What are you doing here, Nora?" Enzo asked. But I couldnt speak. I couldnt look at him. All I could look at was the bloody man in the middle of the room. Enzo quickly walked to me and as if a flip switch inside of me I ran to him. I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tightly. While he held me I forgot about the world around me. I forgot that i was in the warehouse or that i was pregnant or anything else. All I had in my mind for the short moment was Enzo. He pulled back and looked me in the face for a second before crashing his lips into mine. His hand went to my waist as he pulled me closer.

"You shouldnt be here, Nora." He said after he pulled away.

"I know. But I need to see you, I have something I need to tell you." He turned and looked behind him. He did a hand motion and the men I didnt even see in the shadows mover and collect the bloody man from the middle and took it into a room deeper in the warehouse. Mazikeen followed the men as they took the bloody man away. Now it was just me and him.

"I texted Beau to take you to my house. You really shouldn't be here. It's not safe."

"I had his phone and you never texted him. It must have not sent."

"You really need to leave, Nora. It's not safe here for you."

"Who was that?"

"What? Who was who?"

"The man. The one you killed." As soon as I said the words I felt sick to my stomach.

"He wasnt a good man, Nora."

"Who was it?"i asked again.

"His name is Shane."

"Shane from that party?"

"Yes."

"What did he do?"

"He stole a crate from me that had something very important in it. Then what he did to you at the party was unacceptable and he gets to die for it. I cant ignore his actions."

"How did you know about the party? I never told you."

"Mazikeen told me."

"Is that why shes here?"

"No. Shes here for her own reasons. Same with all those men you saw leave. Now really, Nora it's time for you to go."

"No, come with me."

"I cant. I have to see him die. He doesnt get to live and I want to be the one to end him."

I heard someone walk inside the warehouse and when I turned to see who it was I was surprised on who it was. She ran to me and put her arms around me. I didnt high her back. I didn't know what to do.

"I knew I could fine you here. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. Please forgive me, Nora."She repeated as she clung onto me.

"What are you doing here, Ashley?" Enzo asked from beside me.