chapter 38

Nora's pov*  yall dont hate me for this one. Sorry.

It has been almost a month since I moved. It is still a little weird living her but Rome is beautiful and I have been all over the city. Of course my "body guard" came with me but i honestly dont mine his company. Beau is sweet and funny and just a really good person which makes It hard for me to believe that his apart of something so bad. Beau moved into a apartment next to mine and hes always over st mine spending time with me. Honestly hes became the best and closest person in my life in this last month. We have gotten so close that I couldnt imagine what it would be like to not have him here.

I havent talked to Enzo since that day I was in the car with Jeremy. But I have talked to Maria, Sadie, Jeremy, Matt and of course the little princess Nadia. Nadia has been begging her moms to come down to see my apartment but they havent gave in yet. I think Maria still hopes that I'll change my mind and move back. I'm not sure if I will. I mean I do miss my friends but I dont know if I can go back there.

I think I miss Enzo the most. I missed him so god damn much and especially these last two days. I think its driving my crazy because sometimes I think I actually see him but I know that's insane considering hes still in New York from what Beau says. Enzo was right, I wont be able to forget him. No matter what I try I cant seem to get him out of my mind. The hickeys on my neck are gone and the pain from the sex is also gone but what isnt gone is the pain in my chest and the butterflies in my stomach when I think about him or hear his name.

If it wasnt for Beau showing me around the city and letting me meet his mom I probably would have booked a ticket and went back to Enzo two days after I got here. Beau didn't mention the fact that his mother lived in Italy. To be fair he doesnt talk much about his life to me but hes always listening me talk about mine. He was right, he does listen. And his mother was exactly the type of mother you would expect from a man like Beau. She kind but strict on her son and shes amazing mother. She reminds me of my mother. I cant help but wish my parents were still alive. But Beau's mother makes me feel like I'm her daughter and treats me as if I'm family ever since I met her. I enjoyed going over to her house which is why right now I'm getting dressed to go over there with Beau.

I was pulling a silk shirt over my head when I heard Beau open the door of my apartment. I heard him set some things down in my counter so I quickly put on some jeans and tucked my shirt in and grabbed a sweater to match and some jewelry and then headed out of my bedroom. He was standing by the counter looking at his phone. He looked visibly tensed.

"Hey, what's the matter?" I asked as  I touched his shoulder. He became less tense at my touch and he relaxed a bit. He turned off his phone and slid it into his pocket and looked at me with a smile.

"Nothing just work. You look beautiful, princess. That color green looks good on you." He was talking about my silky Emerald green top. It was my favorite ever since I got in a few weeks ago. I wore it with a pair of dark blue jeans and a white knitted cardigan to add some lighter color and my gold jewelry.

"Thank you. How long are you gonna keep calling me princess until you get tired of it?" I said with a smile. I honestly didnt mind him calling me it. I let my hand drop from his shoulder and I sat down at the island.

"Your welcome. I don't get tired so maybe the day you die. I brought you coffee." He said handing me a coffee.

"Iced?" I asked as I took it.

"Of course." He said with a smile. "Just the way you like it." He added.

"Thanks. So are you ready to go?" I asked and then took a drink of my coffee. It was exactly how I liked it.

"I have some bad new, mom has some type of book club with her friends so unless you want to hear about what ever woman in their 80s read I suggest we dont go over. "

"Damn it. Mom was gonna teach me her secret recipe tonight but I guess she'll have to do it a different time. Then do you want to go get dinner at the Pierluigi? "

"Yeah. I'll pull the car up to the lobby real quick. It's raining right now I and dont want you to be wet and miserable. I'll text you when you need to come out."

"Okay." I said as he turned and left my apartment.

I gave him a key a couple days after I moved here. Hes the only person I know. Plus he knows Italian and he'll do the talking if i need it. I know my Italian but not as well as he does since he grew up in a household of it. Rome was 6 hours ahead of New York which sucked when it came to talking to my friends but it kept me from texting or calling Enzo. Every time I look at my phone I have to hold myself back from texting him or calling him to hear his voice. I feel like my heart aches from him. Even more than four thousand miles away from him I cant seem to get away from him. It's like he attached himself to me and I cant seem to get away. But I dont want to either. I want him even more now than I ever did before. It's like theirs something inside me that's apart of him and myself.

The text from Beau got me out of my head and I headed out of my apartment to his car. He was right it was raining. More like pouring. I quickly got into his warm car and put on my seatbelt.

Beau drove carefully but even doing this didnt stop what happened next.

The rain was coming down hard on the car and we could barely see out the window. The roads were wet and slippery. We must have been the most unluckiest people because before we could move out of the way a car came speeding at us. And through the rain it didn't see us. It drove straight into my side of the car. I wasnt in pain for long because before I knew it I was out cold. I didnt feel my body and all I could hear were the sirens of an ambulance and Beau calling out my name. My eyes went black and soon all I felt was cold and empty.