chapter 22

Nora's pov*

When I woke up Enzo was gone. I must have scared him off with all that crying I did last night. I didnt plan on sobbing in his arms but I am glad he stayed with me. I stayed in bed all day, I didnt get up and eat or turn on the tv in my room or anything. I felt drained. I just watched the city move through the day from out the window while laying on my bed. It wasnt until I heard a knock on the door that I had the courage to get out of bed. The sun was setting and I waited until the person knocked again hoping that they would leave but they didnt. I grabbed my robe and put that on and tied up my hair into a messy bun while walking to the door. I opened it to Enzo and my heart fluttered.  His head was down and he didnt look at me.

"I didnt think you would be back. I honestly thought I scared you away." He didnt say anything. "Are you going to come in?" I asked but he still didnt say anything or make no attemptto move. "Enzo I'm in no mood to play what ever game this is." I took a step closer to him. I grabbed his face and lifted it to look at me. The first thing I noticed was his eyes. Normal they are a honey brown but this time the were dark and dull. Then I noticed the blood. His face was covered in splattered blood. "Enzo what the hell happened?" He lifts his hands to touch mine. That's when I noticed his busted knuckles that were covered in dried blood.

"I couldn't stop myself, Nora. I was so angry for what he did, he deserved it." He said with a low voice.

"Who are you talking about, Enzo."

"He hurt you. She hurt you. I knew I couldnt hurt her but I could hurt him. And I did. I left him on the floor of his office bleeding out after I almost killed him. I know it was wrong but I couldnt stand what he did to you."

"Enzo who are you talking about?"

"Carter. He cheated on you with your whore of a sister. He cheated and got her pregnant knowing that you were trying to get pregnant." He said looking me in my eyes. I let go of his face and grabbed his arm and pulled him inside my apartment. I shut and locked the door behind him. I knew I should be scared. But not once has anyone ever put me before themselves. Not like this.

I pulled him to the island. I made him sit up on the chair that was there. I left him there as I went to the bathroom and grabbed the first aid kit that I had gotten after I found him bleed out on my white couch.  I went back to him and stood in between his legs as I got the peroxide. I poured some on gauze and rubbing the blood off his knuckles without a single word. Once the blood was gone I saw how busted his knuckles were. I grabbed antibiotic ointment and with my hands, after I put hand sanitizer on them to at least be a little cleaner, I spreaded the ointment. I heard him take a large inhale of breath as I did this. Once the ointment was on both hands I got the bandages and wrapped it around both of his hands. I went to take a step back when he grabbed my waist and held me in place. This is the first time since I started to work on his hands that I looked him in his beautiful brown eyes. The brown eyes that I have came to love in the last few days.

"Did he tell you or did my sister?" I asked while look up at those stupid brown eyes that were back to the honey brown.

"Both. Do you hate me?"

"Why would I hate you?"

"I threatened you, I held your sister hostage, I hurt you, and then I hurt Carter."

"I dont hate you, Enzo. Do you wanna know what I think about you?"

"Yes."

"I think your broken. Your mother died and your brother disappeared before you got to know him and your father wasnt truly there for you. I think you never learned how to trust and love people. I think you dont know how to control your emotions and you let your anger take over. And I think you are just a broken boy at heart who never got the love he needed."

"Wanna know what I think." He said with a small smile.

"Yes." I said with a small smile of my own.

"I think your an amazing woman. I think you lost your parents to young but yet you still grew to be someone they would be proud of. Your father always talked about you with so much passion. You were his baby and he loved you so much. So did you mom, God that woman  could talk about you for days and not get tired." He paused and let out a small laugh and so did I. Tears began to roll down my face and he reached up and held my face in his hands and wiped then with his thumbs. "I think you did a good job raising your sister and what she does now his not your fault. I think your a little broken too. I think you will do amazing things in Italy. And lastly I think  am in love with you, Nora." He said in a soft voice.  "And I dont know if we will last for forever or if we will get married and have a boring life in the suburbs but I do know that I want you and only you. And if you want, I want to be the father to your children because without a doubt in my mind I know I can get you pregnant."